• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm Part II: Luskan

GoldenEagle

First Post
OOC Sorry to hold things up. I missed the other thread directing me back here.

IC: "here is what we found" Kelnar spreads out the paperwork to descern any intelligence on the ships or whatnot. " This new bit of information is indeed concerning. What else can you tell us, and does this change the mission profile, or are we still trying to meet the same short term objectives?"

GE

DM_Matt

First Post
A repost of the documents:

The documents on the tables are quite diverse, with each desk seeming to be working on a different project.

" Further analysis shows several distinct projects.

1. Financial Research -- contracts and papers detailing debts and financial holdings of various lords and businesses are found scattered about the desks, shelves, and cabinets here. In most cases, the lord or company in question is deeply in debt, so this is probably part of some sort of blackmail or loan sharking scheme. At another desk are similar papers, seeming to be copies but having differences. Apparently they were forging documents.

2. Troop movements. Maps of troop movements for armies on both sides are recorded here, as are notes, apparently from talking to soldiers. There is a letter that has just been written, talking about increased elven activity in the seas near Luskan and in outlying areas. It ends, "I recommend that defensive measures be stepped up in and around Luskan, and the construction of the Stormships sped up as much as possible. The movements themselves indicate that there may be an invasion within the next few months. When I meet with my source in a few days, I will be able to determine more." It is not yet signed, but it is addressed to a High Captain Grorgodorl Lindo. None of you know the name, but it doesnt seem to be Luskanite. You find that on one set of notes, it speaks of a meeting at a vacant apartment in the middle of town (It gives direction on how to get there) at midnight tomorrow night with "a good new friend of yours."

3. Medical Information -- It appears that this individual has been studying reports about methods for increasing the efficacy of various drugs and poisons.

4. Reports about various violent incidents around the North. A letter, also in-progress, notes:

"At this time I can safely say that the Council is being reconstituted. Any of the following individuals, and possibly the organizations that they represent, could be the one who is behind it. From what I hear, this is operated by a single individual. Any of these could be involved in some minor way, but only one is the leader:
Renyn Aolis - leader of the Eyes of the Wood, Evermeet's excellent intelligence operation
Randal Morn - rebel turned Dalesman lord
Caladnei - Advisor to the Regent of Cormyr Alusair and Royal Magician
Hovarn Turg - leader of a Waterdeep-based problem-solving agency
Irusyl Eraneth - Skullport-based drow leader of a similar organization
Vlam Wiso - intellegence chief, Algorondian Military
Fenton Karfon - adventurer, presumed to be a master Harper"

Found among the equipment of the BB is ...a packet of papers. They detail his orders to raid Irusyl's base in Skullport, kidnap Jaina, and take her to the temple of Gond in Luskan. It included a map to Irusyl's base and other useful operational information. It also states that a payment of 50,000gp in unminted gold bars could be collected from Lady Thistle Thalavar in Yartar as payment."

Thydin listens to Kelnar explain the situation, and comments "It is fortunate that this information regarding troop movements and the supposed reconstitution of the Council (which is integuing, altouhgh I know not whether it is true) were intercepted. This is not the sort of thing that we want Storm to have access to. High Captain Grorgodorl Lindo, by the way, is the leader of the Grtak, Storm's "diplomatic police," a polite term for spies and thugs. This criminal organzation seemed to be freelancing for them.

The meeting with a spy at midnight tonight is very serious. I will arrange for another team to intercept him.

Regarding Lady Thalavar, I believe that we should pay her a visit...but later.

The referense to Stormships confirms that there are in fact new naval technologies being produced in those temples.

Much of this other information, like the blackmail data and medical information, may come in handy as well.

All in all, this information merely confirms our previous suspicions. However, the reference to the ships implies that you ought to look for a drydock in addition to separate technological pieces. LIkely the dock is in that building in between the two temples that has sea access, altohuggh considering its height it must be largely underground."

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
"Hrmm..... Thydin, huh?
So you one of the guys pulling the strings on this mission?
Ubaar glad you helped us out of that place - they sure brought out the re-inforcemunts after we blew the place up and stuff.

It nice to know who we actually working for-
is she happy at what we got done in there?
"

From the booty they collected, Ubaar would have been interested in the Bracers of Armor, and/or the Cloak of Resistance. If Akharos is determined to leave, it would be great if Ubaar could use the falchion, as a tribute to Akharos...

What are the possibilities of us getting to trade in some of the armors and weapons for other things some of us might want?

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"Hrmm..... Thydin, huh?
So you one of the guys pulling the strings on this mission?
Ubaar glad you helped us out of that place - they sure brought out the re-inforcemunts after we blew the place up and stuff.

It nice to know who we actually working for-
is she happy at what we got done in there?
"

From the booty they collected, Ubaar would have been interested in the Bracers of Armor, and/or the Cloak of Resistance. If Akharos is determined to leave, it would be great if Ubaar could use the falchion, as a tribute to Akharos...

What are the possibilities of us getting to trade in some of the armors and weapons for other things some of us might want?

"Our contact with the outside world is limited here. However, despite some setbacks, our plans are progressing nicely. Another team, led by Irusyls agent Jonathan is heard to the temple of Gond tomarrow morning. I suggest that the remnants of your team join them. Not only is the temple part of th emission objectives already, but we are fairly certain that that is were Jaina, Rana, and Elone are being held.

reapersaurus

Explorer
"El-Oh-Nay still alive?!
That great news - Ubaar was worried about her- didn't see her leave the fight.

Wait uuminute - El-Oh-Nay is being held? She in prison? We should get her out!
"

If they can convince Ubaar that now's not the best time to stage a jailbreak, then he'll say:

"That's a good idea to join forces - we outnumbered too badly way up here... and there not too many of us left that started da mission.
War kill lots of good people - and many more lose their way...

If you want Ubaar to break machines, than let's go tomorrow!
Ubaar gotta get rest tonight...
"

He'll make sure he's healed up before getting food and sleeping.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"El-Oh-Nay still alive?!
That great news - Ubaar was worried about her- didn't see her leave the fight.

Wait uuminute - El-Oh-Nay is being held? She in prison? We should get her out!
"

If they can convince Ubaar that now's not the best time to stage a jailbreak, then he'll say:

"That's a good idea to join forces - we outnumbered too badly way up here... and there not too many of us left that started da mission.
War kill lots of good people - and many more lose their way...

If you want Ubaar to break machines, than let's go tomorrow!
Ubaar gotta get rest tonight...
"

He'll make sure he's healed up before getting food and sleeping.

Thydin: "We are almost certain that she is alive and being held under the temple of Gond. You cannot go there alone, however. Earlier today, I talked to Irusyl's other team. I suggest the we meet them at the temple in the morning....

The next day, wearing heavy cloaks to make it easier to blend in, you make your way to the docks. Four of the six elves remain outside. You walk into the temple, accompanied by Thydin and one other elf. You see that the front area is a huge museum of machines with some counters selling small gadgets along the walls. Everyone is running out of the museum down a hallway. At the end of the hall, there are open double doors, and inside are more small shops. A strange man is inside, performing some sort of animal show with a tremendous bear.

In the hallway, you see a human girl, who could not be older than 20, wearing a blue cloak and Gond's wagonwheel holy symbol on it. She has medium-length curly blonde hair, grey eyes, fair skin, and a pretty albeit sullen-looking face, and is pressing various places on the wall in sequence. Behind her stands a human man in a red robe and a Wild Elf female who greatly resembles Elone, but clearly is not.

The wall opens and all but the human girl walk in. Thydin shouts "wait!," and he and the other one run to the opening.

[Move to the Newcomer's thread]

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Apparently my last post didn't. ;)

Elone rocks back from the blow, and spits blood on the creature's face. She considers carefully for a second, and shakes her head. "Foul thing...." But despite her righteous anger, and the blessings of Solonor, this ... thing is too strong to tackle now. She quickly moves away from the creature (I don't remember if you can tumble untrained - if so, 12+5 to do so) and then encircles herself with a ward against what she hopes is the monstrosities' evil nature (OOC: Movement action away, cast Magic Circle against Evil)

DM_Matt

First Post
dead_radish said:
OOC: Apparently my last post didn't. ;)

Elone rocks back from the blow, and spits blood on the creature's face. She considers carefully for a second, and shakes her head. "Foul thing...." But despite her righteous anger, and the blessings of Solonor, this ... thing is too strong to tackle now. She quickly moves away from the creature (I don't remember if you can tumble untrained - if so, 12+5 to do so) and then encircles herself with a ward against what she hopes is the monstrosities' evil nature (OOC: Movement action away, cast Magic Circle against Evil)

Unfortunately, Tumble is trained only.

Elone tries to back out of combat, but the monster takes notice and lunges forward, swinging his leaden fist against her temple (22dmg, hp to 4 plus stun). Blood splashes from Elone's scalp and her eyes bounce around within her head...

When Elone wakes up, the battle scene is a bit different. At the other end of the hall, the Yangoloth stands agnrily pounding on an invisible forcefield. Rana and Jaina are backed up against the field. The creature that hurt Elone has walked by her, and is menacing the other two.

DM_Matt

First Post
Elones mind starts working a bit better, and she notices that Rana is wearing all of her usual equiptment. Rana and Jaina are each holding bundles contianing various weapons and clothing. Jaina draws a small, intracately decorated rapier from her bundle and menaces the brute with it rather unsteadily and unconvincingly. Rana shouts "Thanks for the diversion!" Rana fakes a move on the creature low and right, and he swings for her. Rana has moves high and left, however, and throws her bundle to Elone. Elone sees that her equiptment is in it. The brute backhands Rana accross the face with his other hand, throwing her down in front of him. Jaina just stands there brandishing the blade.

dead_radish

Explorer
Elone grins wickedly upon opening the bundle. She whispers a quick prayer of thanks to Solonor. She grabs her Quiver of Meilikki quickly, reaches in, and withdraws her Bow of True Striking and a number of Alchemists Arrow's, and then checks them over with a glance to be sure they are ready for use. Assuming they are, she quickly strings the bow, whispers the command word for the bow, and takes aim at the beasts eye, letting an arrow fly.

(OOC: That's like 2-3 rounds of actions, I'd assume).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads