• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of the D&D Player Base

How old are you

• <=12

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 13-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-19

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 20-24

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • 25-30

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • 31-39

Votes: 83 54.2%
  • 40-49

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 6 3.9%

HP Dreadnought

First Post
I saw a thread speculating about how old the D&D player base is and whether WotC is marketing to the correct ages. Let's find out who they should be marketing to!

How old are you?

Paraxis

Explorer
I'm 31, I have a 9 year old son though who I hope to introduce him to D&D with the new 4E.

So I guess they are marketing it to him too, in the fact that I will buy more 4E stuff if he likes what he sees and I aprove of the content.

So far I'm 95% happy with what I've seen, so they will have 2 new customers. I do plan on getting my son his own PHB if we do go with 4E.

Masquerade

First Post
HP Dreadnought said:
I saw a thread speculating about how old the D&D player base is and whether WotC is marketing to the correct ages. Let's find out who they should be marketing to!

How old are you?
EN World membership != D&D player base

Masquerade said:
EN World membership != D&D player base
True - but as in all marketing polls, you have to start with an established locations where you are MOST likely to find a regular user of a product. I would think that it isn't too far off the mark, especially since ENWorld is the largest, private D&D/Roleplay forum on the Web. So, the poll looks valid to me.

Lackhand

First Post
I'd argue (and not just since I'm in a minority!) that EN World is not indicative of the broader D&D playing world.

We're WAY too austere, here, and clearly brighter and better looking than the average D&D player, too.

More seriously: EN World can't be indicative of the broader D&D playing trends, because we're all committed dorks. There are more casual players, by far, than there are of us.

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, I'm thinking that this same poll done on Gleemax might, perhaps, render a somewhat.... erm.... fresher player base. :)

(Just turned 35 last month. sigh)

Remove ads