• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms H/C - unlikely :(

meomwt

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Actually, yes. Red Hand of Doom.

I'm thrilled that WotC is doing adventures, but I do admit, I'd be quite sad not to see an AOW hardcover. :(

And that was co-written by

{ta-dah!}

James Jacobs from Paizo!

The Prosecution rests, Your Honour ;) :p

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Hell, I own the entire AoW in magazine format, and I''d STILL buy the hardcover.

Usually, I'm pretty neutral (or at least I try to be!!) about WotC, but this decision gets the big "Thumbs Down" and a hearty BOOOO! from me. :\

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nightfall said:
Joe,

Necromancer games IS only doing stuff for one more year. It's highly likely (given the state of the market) they'll shut down.

That...or I'm drinking your coffee again.

In any even while I am sure Green Ronin's Bleeding edge line is very good, I'd want more adventures that DON'T involve WotC cornering the market.

Man, future predictions of doom!

"Well, in a year..."

Heck, I'll wait for the end to come and catch up on stuff I might have missed first time around. ;)

The market doesn't need tons of adventurers out there, especially if they're coming from an official source where most people will buy their goods from anyway.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Klaus said:
You're unhappy because WotC is putting out high-quality adventures?

:confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see Necromancer go away (Bill said that's not 100% certain), but when WotC announced they'd do adventures again, the overall reaction was of approval.

It might not be 100% certain but it's 85% real. I was unhappy not because WotC is putting out quality adventures. (Some like the Expeditions do seem pretty decent). I'm unhappy because I felt WotC should concentrate on doing adventures for their campaign settings that could use that kind of support. I'm not saying they shouldn't do Expeditions or even the occasional module. But honestly, I wish that the fandom would see that WotC isn't the ONLY source and the best way to do that, in my opinion, is for WotC to not put out so many modules like they are now.

I don't want Ari to lose any money. I'm glad he's doing it. But honestly, I was not in one of the majority saying that. I felt, (and some ways still feel) if d20 is survive, it's to allow companies like Necromancer Games and others do handle about 75% of the module needs. (This include Dungeon.)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
JoeGKushner said:
Man, future predictions of doom!

"Well, in a year..."

Heck, I'll wait for the end to come and catch up on stuff I might have missed first time around. ;)

The market doesn't need tons of adventurers out there, especially if they're coming from an official source where most people will buy their goods from anyway.

Some how I think one of us got the other's coffee this week.

The market DOES need more than ONE "official" source IF said source can't seem to figure out just where it's needs should be. (IE supporting existing campaign structures and allows healthy competition among smaller publishers who help to support WotC's needs.)

Besides, once again, WotC steps on the little guy just so they can keep the extra two cents for some reason.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Drkfathr1 said:
Instead, they should be hiring the writers from Dungeon to write their modules. After all, isn't Wizards all about the freelancer now?

They have...Greg Vaughan, Richard Pett, Nicholas Logue, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, and Tim Hitchcock are all Dungeon writers who have or had WoTC adventures released last year or this year.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
In my opinion, WotC's shooting itself in the foot here. They seem to have completely forgotten the lessons that led to the success of 3e six years ago; a healthy RPG industry is one that means more sales for WotC. Stupid, stupid.

bento

Explorer
Would Paizo consider releasing AoW as a pdf? Hardbacks are nice, but Shackeled City is a bit too rich for my blood at that price. Now selling it as a pdf for about $25-$30 for those that missed the issues would be nice.

Or better yet, how about selling the individual AoW adventures as pdfs for $5 each?

sckeener

First Post
I wonder if a PDF only version would be acceptable to WotC.

that would solve this issue:
jdrakeh said:
The problem with the magazines for me is that actually using them tends to make them fall apart rather quickly, even if handled carefully (transporting them to game seems to eat them up quicker than anything else, really).

Remove ads