• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of the Gods

Meowzebub

First Post
Was that a 5000 hit? I can handle that, but I might be eyeing those unidentified items we still have mighty heavily. Will it cost us to have those ID'd?

By the way, I was not planning on using the +2 keen hvy pick if another cares to take it up.

If it is a bigger hit, I will have to redesign my equipment load.

BSF

Explorer
Basically I am just abstracting treasure awards. I'm not going to worry one bit about what you guys pick up or leave behind. As an episodic adventure, it really doesn't matter to me. With as wacky as the group EL and opponent EL works out, I don't want to micromanage treasure. So we are just assuming that resources work out to be the same as the wealth guidelines in the DMG at (ECL - 3). 66,000 Gp of treasure is what a by the book 11th level character will likely have.

Why (ECL - 3)? Because the characters are likely to not be quite as strong as a 14th level human character. The LA has an impact. In theory, it makes up for the difference, but my gut feeling is that an entire party of LA PCs lacks the all around support that a party with 1 PC with LA would have.

I digress - By the book character wealth accomodates the consumables. But PCs don't often have the opportunity to completely optimize equipment. I am allowing you to optimize equipment with each level. If you know that you will be going into Hell to fight, you might consider swapping stuff out for Evil, Outsider Bane weapons. If you know you might be fighting giants, you might not want Evil, Outsider Bane weapons. That sort of thing. As well, you might try something that ends up not being such a good idea. So you can swap it out and refresh when you next have opportunity.

But I also don't want anybody exploiting a loophole of buying 10,000 gp worth of potions/scrolls and building a character concept around that with the plan that it is like free magic each level. Those expendables do count against your totals. Be sure to use them because they are still important and valuable. But use them somewhat wisely.

Now this is not to say that you won't have the opportunity to get extra items from time to time. There will likely be 'gifts' given to the group when situations arise and it is warranted.

Eeralai

First Post
What great posts! Sorry I have been gone so long. I'm taking a writing class and I was consumed with getting a story done for it. Good job on getting the summary done so early Brandon! I really enjoyed reading both yours and why Fuzzy comes back :) Clover does have one thing to say to him:

"Next time I tell you not to walk through an evil glowing symbol will you listen to me?" :p

And Brandon, there were parts that made Clover sound like an anime character. I like it :)

BSF

Explorer
Meowzebub said:
Was that a 5000 hit? I can handle that, but I might be eyeing those unidentified items we still have mighty heavily. Will it cost us to have those ID'd?

By the way, I was not planning on using the +2 keen hvy pick if another cares to take it up.

If it is a bigger hit, I will have to redesign my equipment load.

Whoops. I didn't answer that question did I. Quoting from the SRD for 3.5

True Resurrection
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 9
Casting Time: 10 minutes
This spell functions like raise dead, except that you can resurrect a creature that has been dead for as long as 10 years per caster level. This spell can even bring back creatures whose bodies have been destroyed, provided that you unambiguously identify the deceased in some fashion (reciting the deceased’s time and place of birth or death is the most common method).

Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of level (or Constitution points) or prepared spells.

You can revive someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. This spell can also resurrect elementals or outsiders, but it can’t resurrect constructs or undead creatures.

Even true resurrection can’t restore to life a creature who has died of old age.
Material Component: A sprinkle of holy water and diamonds worth a total of at least 25,000 gp.

Yes, it is expensive. That is why outsiders are not regularly brought back from the dead. It is up to you guys, as a group, to figure out how you want to allocate such expenses.

Meowzebub

First Post
OK that is a bit more than I was expecting. Might need to rethink this and go in a different direction. My head is too fuzzy now from my cold right now.

Meowzebub

First Post
Thanks. It is just stuff at this point, but granted, a lot of stuff. Xileph will still have a good weapon and some armor. Some of the little things will go on the wayside

I also started kicking around a secondary character last night with David. Will have to think about the mechanics. It that case, money will not be such an issue, but finding just the right items will be the challenge.

Eeralai

First Post
I guess I thought we were using money from items we'd found in the dead place. Clover can chip in too so that she will have a warm fuzzy again :p

Remove ads