• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahsoka - SPOILERS

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The statues may be the Father and the Son from Clone wars Mortis Arc. The ruined statue may be the Daughter. Considering you see the bird from Clone Wars that is associated with the Daughter (who sacrificed herself for Ahsoka) and Ahsoka again at the very end, it's probably likely.
These words mean nothing to me. :)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So I had no idea what the Lord of the Rings statues were at the end. Maybe I need to watch it again, because I totally missed that. The ending just seemed all a bit weird!

Also, Thrawn did nothing clever, and didn't really 'defeat' anybody. He simply turned up, loaded his coffin things, and then flew off exactly as planned. The heroes were never in any position to affect that process. I get that in the cartoons he's like a genius or something, but they didn't show that here, unless I really missed something.

Still, I enjoyed the show. And it had the best lightsaber choreography in a long, long time.
This is our point about inside baseball.....I don't mind missing nuances, but way too much of understanding the ending depends on having watched the cartoons, which I haven't......IMO, it is just bad writing. Also, I agree on Thrawn. I thought maybe he'd be the on SW leader smart enough to just shoot people on land with bombs and lasers.

They both have a slowness to them, but Ahsoka and Andor do not share that as a common problem. Ahsoka's slowness early on is because they're spreading too little interesting content over too much time. It improves significantly by the end. Andor may be a slow burn, but it's all worth it and it's fantastic from the first scene.
Sorry, I disagree, both shows where slow from beginning to end, and both had far too little plot.

Ahsoka had likable characters though, which makes it better than Andor.

Andor was meant to be 5 seasons, but the main actor didn't want to sign on for that long, so they condensed it into 2.
The first 3 episodes that had flashbacks to when he was a child, I'm guessing that would have been season 1.

No, each of the five seasons was supposed to cover one of the five years leading up to Rogue One. Season 1 still covers that first year, but now Season 2 will cover the remaining four years at one three-episode arc per year, so lots of time jumping in the second season Or at least that was the last official description for Season 2. Things may have changed since then about the arcs, but it will still cover the 4 years to go to reach Rogue One. At least the second season will be faster paced because of this and it won't waste half the season in a prison, just for a final shot of the parts they were making being installed on the Death Star. Yawn.

They both have a slowness to them, but Ahsoka and Andor do not share that as a common problem. Ahsoka's slowness early on is because they're spreading too little interesting content over too much time. It improves significantly by the end. Andor may be a slow burn, but it's all worth it and it's fantastic from the first scene.
Andor started badly and got worse. Spreading 1/2 an episode of plot over 3 shows each time with ponderous and boring writing. Ahsoka had way too much of the main character standing with arms crossed and a blank look on thier face reciting lines in a montone. Sabine dodging telling Ezra about what happened to get her there was dumb.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Andor started badly and got worse. Spreading 1/2 an episode of plot over 3 shows each time with ponderous and boring writing. Ahsoka had way too much of the main character standing with arms crossed and a blank look on thier face reciting lines in a montone. Sabine dodging telling Ezra about what happened to get her there was dumb.
This thread really shows how subjective art is....

These words mean nothing to me. :)
I agree with this, having a "big reveal" that required watching the whole of TCW to understand was not good writing (were the Mortis episodes even included in the watch list?) A few Easter eggs might be fun, but hanging the whole climax of the show on one is a whole new level of dumb.

MarkB

Legend
I agree with this, having a "big reveal" that required watching the whole of TCW to understand was not good writing (were the Mortis episodes even included in the watch list?) A few Easter eggs might be fun, but hanging the whole climax of the show on one is a whole new level of dumb.
It's not even the case that it becomes a big reveal if you know the source material, though. The statues indicate some measure of the nature of what Baylan is looking for, but it's still just him standing on a statue looking out over a vista he's come to for Mysterious Purposes.

Likewise, Thrawn isn't reuniting with any ex-Imperials back in his home galaxy, he's heading to Dathomir for equally unspecified Mysterious Purposes.

And those are the characters who get closest to having any kind of resolution. Ahsoka, Sabine and Huyang are hanging out with the turtle wagon train, Shin is applying for a leadership position of a bunch of generic bandits, and while Ezra did at least make it home, there's not even a hint that he has any kind of next move planned.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads