• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aiding a (long) spellcraft check

Alpha Polaris

First Post
The sorcerer in the party wants to use some downtime to research a new spell, and he'd like the cleric to aid him in this task. The cleric is level 7 and has access to DMM persistent spell (1 spell/day). What spells could possibly boost the spellcraft check and / or avoid failure (allow re-rolls, etc...)?

Divine Insight is personal, Master's touch can't help checks during more than 1 round, and wieldskill disappeared from 3.5e. We have access to the spell compendium, all complete books, all core books, ph2 and dmg2.

hong

WotC's bitch
Is there anything that stops the cleric just using aid another to give a bonus on the sorc's Spellcraft check?

Alpha Polaris

First Post
No, of course (unless the DM somehow houserules that divine casters and arcane casters don't play well with each other), and that's what I intend to do. That's a mere +2, though, so anything above and betond that would be nice.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yeah well they also don't aid sorcerers! :p ;)

In any case this is the best you'll get right now. Maybe later you'll find something but so far I'd go with what's offered.

That is just me however.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads