Airship Pirates

Raivon

First Post
Does anyone know how to run Airship Pirates RPG? I am currently reading the core rule book and am very interested in playing this game.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
From what I can see on the website, it sounds quite interesting and looks quite flash. But I have never played it and it doesn't say anything about the system so I can't speak to the original question.

You could try re-posting your question in the the Tabletop Gaming forum. You might find some there who has played it.

You could also try running a game here and learn by doing. Generally, the less main-steam/popular a game, the harder it can be to recruit. But you might get enough takers to run a game.

You mentioned a free PDF. I only saw a paid version and at USD23 for the PDF, it may be a bit pricy for people just looking to trial a game. I wouldn't recommend sharing out a copy you own without permission to do so.

You can get around that if you are willing to do the character creation legwork. It would also mean a bit of work describing the character options open to players. But it is doable, and has been done.

thotd

Raivon

First Post
Sorry I worded my first message wrong. I was trying to ask if there is anyone else that knows how to run the game cause I really want to play it. I have never been a GM before so I don't know if I would be overly good at it. It seems like no one knows of this game so I guess I am out of luck.
I thought there was a free PDF download but I misunderstood it. The free download comes when you purchase the actual book. Seems they gave a bonus for buying from them.
I would love to find others who know of this game and would play it but since you have to purchase it I don't think I am going to be in any luck for a group or anything. However thank you for bringing that mistake to my attention.

doghead

thotd
I didn't mean to be a bubble buster. Now I feel like a cad.

I know what it is like to want to try something, but not be able to get any interest. On another forum with another system, I have had serval attempts to get a game going fall flat.

Don't be too quick to write of running a game yourself. No of us knew how we would go until we tried it. And there are a number of advantages to starting here. The nature of PbP means you have time to consider your responses. You can sleep on something you're not sure how to handle. You can also seek advice as you go from the people over on the Tabletop Gaming forums.

The people on the boards are pretty helpful and friendly. If you let people know you are new to GM'ing, they will generally work with you.

But be aware that it does take some time and commitment to run a game, especially if you are new to a system. I takes me an hour or more to write an IC post up even for a fairly simple combat encounter. There are ways to help manage the workload, and there are some threads bout this in the Tabletop Gaming forum IIRC. Keep the number of players to a minimum and start with basic/low level/beginner characters would be a good starting point.

Getting into a game or two as a player would give you a idea of what is involved. A number of the games running use systems which are freely available on line. Games looking for players usually have "Recruiting" in the thread title. But if you see one you like, but are not sure if they are recruiting, you can always just drop in, say Hi! and about joining.

thotd

Remove ads