• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Greyhawk D&D 3.5 - Maure Castle OOC

Sheyd

First Post
Sheyd, you're on my list as an alternate. I'll let you know via PM to schedule an interview if I need someone to fill in a gap.

Alrightie!

Don't really have anything else to say just acknowledging your post concerning me.

Good luck folks! Good characters, those that I've read so far.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have been going through the characters with a more careful eye and have some notes. Thank you to those who have pointed out a few difficulties. I appreciate your help.

Voda Vosa
-The bull's strength potion is not very helpful since you have a +4 belt of giant strength. The potions of mage armor are useful in the event you come across incorporeal touch attacks.
-You can have two amulets, but you can only gain the benefit of one at a time. You may not purchase an amulet with two abilities.
-Without a dimensional holding device, you might have difficulty carrying some of the items you listed. The backpack, greatsword, and composite bow would all need to be carried on the back. While you could probably carry a bow and a backpack at the same time, a greatsword sheath would probably be too large to allow you to carry anything else of significant size on your back, so it would have to be carried in hand all times.
-Please list the costs and weights for ALL equipment.

Thanee
-You cannot use the MIC crafting rules for chargen, though I may consider them during the game.
-The [hat] of disguise cannot be combined with a Charisma bonus.
-The vest of resistance must be a cloak.
-You may craft a cloak with both Charisma and resistance as long as the market value of the item is no more that 22,000 gp. (To clarify for other characters you may not purchase such items, though you may craft them yourself. You may only add one extra ability however.)
-Although retraining will be allowed during the game, you may not use it for chargen.
-Paying for spells you do not have by the day is fine, as long as the spells are 3rd level or lower.
-Your character will stay at 12th level, even though you spent XP. It will just take a little longer to reach 13th level.
-Please use the character sheet found here.
-Your hp total should be 117 (modified for 12th level).
-I'll consider the SC spells after I've had time to evaluate the party's capability to handle the challenges presented to them.
-I strongly urge you to consider some items that enhance your spellcasting versatility such as scrolls of restoration, remove curse, etc. A wand of lesser restoration might be a better choice than having it as a spell since it is relatively cheap. You are probably also going to be the only character who can raise the dead. Having at least one scroll of that spell would be invaluable.
-Your armor class is extremely low, magic vestment notwithstanding.
-Please indicate which items you will be carrying in your HHH. Note that bastard swords are too large to be carried in a belt sheath and must be sheathed on the back. It is not possible to wear a HHH and two back sheaths at the same time, so please make sure you use a bit of common sense when deciding where to put your items.
-Please list the costs and weights for ALL equipment. The character sheet I linked to provides an entry for these stats.

Rathan
-You get 60 skill points, but you only spent 57 I believe.
-Your hp should be 68.
-The vest of resistance must be changed to a cloak. As above, you may craft a cloak with one extra property, but the market value must be 22,000 gp or less.
-The warlock's scepter has been updated in the MIC. Use that version. Let me know if you do not have MIC and I will PM you the stats. (For other players, the only reason I am allowing the warlock's scepter is because Rathan is playing a class with some unique abilities and the DMG items do not necessarily help him as much.)
-The Circlet of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic must be a helm. Note that wearing a helm does not affect your warlock abilities in any way. I understand the difference may be cosmetic, but the magic items from the DMG represent the most common forms magic items take, thus they are the only ones that can be purchased.
-Vertexx69 is correct about the HHH price. It is 2000 gp.

Vertexx69
-Everyone must roll their ability scores using their ENWorld screen name. It would be easy to pick a different name for your character if you want to reroll your stats. I'm not accusing you of doing this. This is done for fairness.
-If you want a wand of lesser restoration, it will cost 4500 gp. NPC paladins are much too busy in general to waste time crafting and selling magic wands.
-Sorry, but the everburning scarf is silly. Why not just have an illuminated lance? It doesn't cost anything extra.
-Make sure you list the weight and cost of each item on the new character sheet.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It is possible that if enough players are interested, I will run a second group. But that is no guarantee. I will have to see how many people are interested. Plus the second group probably wouldn't get started for a month or two.

Thanee

First Post
Thanee
-You cannot use the MIC crafting rules for chargen, though I may consider them during the game.

Nothing special in there, just the (updated) slot affinity (DMG has the basic rules for that already) and especially the combining of common item bonuses (i.e. no extra charge in cost for adding that common stuff to an item).

-The [hat] of disguise cannot be combined with a Charisma bonus.
-The vest of resistance must be a cloak.
-You may craft a cloak with both Charisma and resistance as long as the market value of the item is no more that 22,000 gp. (To clarify for other characters you may not purchase such items, though you may craft them yourself. You may only add one extra ability however.)

I'll just leave the hat of disguise part off then and make it headband of charisma and cloak of resistance. Ok that way?

Would it be possible to add the hat of disguise part later in the game, or is that more of an absolute no for that combination in particular?

I have to ask, though, why no vest of resistance? Any particular reason for that one?

-Although retraining will be allowed during the game, you may not use it for chargen.
-Paying for spells you do not have by the day is fine, as long as the spells are 3rd level or lower.

Can the Favored Soul-built in spell swapping be used for that (for 8th, 10th, and 12th level, especially)?
Would have the same effect, really.

Otherwise, I will have to add some cost to those items, I guess, and/or keep one or two of the 2nd level spells.

-Your character will stay at 12th level, even though you spent XP. It will just take a little longer to reach 13th level.

Ah, ok. That changes things quite a bit, of course. Opening post didn't say so (unless I missed that part :)), so I was assuming the standard rules here.

Is that absolutely necessary (I really don't like that one)?
Maybe adding some information (you require) is enough?

If it's so much easier for you to read, I would then just post both (my own in SBLOCK), if that's ok with you.

-Your hp total should be 117 (modified for 12th level).

Yep (at 12th level, of course). 12th also adds a good number of other stuff.

I have added a second sheet for 12th level in the post where I had posted my original sheet. Still wip for now, but covers many of the aspects here already.

-I'll consider the SC spells after I've had time to evaluate the party's capability to handle the challenges presented to them.

That's why I posted what I am looking at for the future, so you have some time to look at those. :)

-I strongly urge you to consider some items that enhance your spellcasting versatility such as scrolls of restoration, remove curse, etc.

Restoration will likely be there already, if we start at 12th (will have to get some material components, too).

Remove Curse makes sense (doesn't cost much and might be good to have at hand). Might also consider Break Enchantment, actually.

Heal (since we start at 12th unlike I had thought) will take care of a whole lot of conditions, too.

A wand of lesser restoration might be a better choice than having it as a spell since it is relatively cheap.

That one will be swapped away with Restoration, anyways, I think, which I will most likely have with 12th level.

You are probably also going to be the only character who can raise the dead. Having at least one scroll of that spell would be invaluable.

Raise Dead is way too expensive, though. I was aiming for Delay Death or Revivify, which are both far superior (if you allow those, of course), before we actually need it (hopefully).

Also, I'm not sure about how things will be in the game, but acquiring a scroll (or the service) is also an option (especially for Raise Dead), in the case.

-Your armor class is extremely low, magic vestment notwithstanding.

There's not a whole lot one can do about that, though. The common bonuses are all covered by spells, so only natural armor bonuses would be usable, and that (also, like two other items already, one of which has already been moved to another fitting slot) takes the throat slot. ;)

I can get AC close to 40 (over 30 with ease), though, if necessary, so it's not really as bad as it looks.

-Please indicate which items you will be carrying in your HHH.

Of course.

Note that bastard swords are too large to be carried in a belt sheath and must be sheathed on the back. It is not possible to wear a HHH and two back sheaths at the same time, so please make sure you use a bit of common sense when deciding where to put your items.

Yeah, the two extra bastard swords will be in the HHH (sheathed, of course :)), the other one is on the back (as hinted at in the description). So that should work out the way you state it.

-Please list the costs and weights for ALL equipment.

Sure, no problem.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
I now have the MIC... and the new rod is not AS impressive... but it still is decent and MUCH cheaper.... I'll make the corrections....

HP has been adjusted....

You're right I underspent on the skills by 3..... will gladly fix this heh...

Got rid of a few magic items to rework and afford others......

Th HHH has been fixed already... thanks for the catch Vertexxx

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Okay, here's the sheet your way:

But if I have to reroll my stats I'll just die. I roll garbage all the time, and that's the best set of stats I've rolled in over a year. And its only 1 stat over a +2 and 2 others over a +1. And I did only roll once.

[sblock=Roshan]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Roshan  Nazari 
[B]Class:[/B] Paladin/ Ashworm Dragoon
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Lendor

[B]Str:[/B] 24 +7 (18, +2 lvl, +4 enhance)         [B]Level:[/B] 5/7      [B]XP:[/B] 66,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (15, +1 lvl)                 [B]BAB:[/B] +12/7/2    [B]HP:[/B] 94(12dX10+24)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (14)                     [B]Grapple:[/B] +19    [B]Dmg Res:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 09 -1 (9)                    [B]Speed:[/B] 20ft'    [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 13 +1 (13)                         [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 13 +1 (13)                          [B]ACP:[/B] -4         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]                10    +11   +4    +3    +0    +0    +2    30
[B]Touch:[/B] 5       [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 27

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                  9    +2    +2    +13
[B]Ref:[/B]                   3    +3    +2    +8
[B]Will:[/B]                  3    +1    +2    +6

[B]Weapon                       Attack       Damage     Critical[/B]
+1 Vicious Lance            +20       1d8+2d6+11     X3
MW Mighty Composite Bow (7) +15         1d8+8        X3
Dagger                      +19         1d4+7      19-20/X2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven, Draconic

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Aura of Good
Detect Evil at will
Smite Evil 2/day
Lay on Hands 10/day
Aura of Courage
Divine Health
Turn undead 4/day
Special Mount - Ashworm
Worm saddle bonus: +7 to ride and handle animal checks.
Relentless Shield: Use ride skill to negate hits on mount, any number of times a round.
Stamp into the Sand: Use sting on trampled enemy. Enemy is flattened and takes full round to get up.
Sand Rider: I stay mounted when Worm dives into sand or lose soil for up to 7 minutes at a time.
Full Mounted Attack: Worm can move up to speed and I can still make full attack. Not usable w/charge.

[B]Feats:[/B] 
-Mounted Combat : Roll Ride vs attack to negate hit on mount 1/round. (bonus: Human)
1 Ride-by-Attack: May move both before and after charge while mounted no AoO from attacked. 
3 Spirited Charge: While charging deal X2 dmg (X3 dmg with lance).
6 - Trample: Overrun target cannot avoid, if knocked prone worm makes a sting at +25 and it takes full round action for them to stand back up. 
- Combat Reflexes: Make a total of 4 AoO per turn. (bonus: Dragoon 2)
9 Deft Opportunist: +4 to hit with AoO.
12 Cavalry Charger: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:

Unhorse – While mounted, if you Charge and successfully hit a mounted opponent, you may make an
immediate Bull Rush attempt. If successful, your opponent moves back but his/her mount does not.

Leaping Charge – While mounted, if you Charge a foe at least one size category smaller than your mount, you may choose to make a Ride check at the end of movement to do extra damage (either DC 10 for +2 damage or DC 20 for +4 damage). If you fail, you do not get an attack. If you fail by 5+, you also fall off your mount. With a +25 ride modifier, all my charges against medium or smaller enemies do +4 dmg.

Fell Trample – While mounted, you may Overrun more than one foe. Each successfully Overrun foe receives an attack.

[B]Spells:[/B]
Lesser Restoration X1

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 30       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 15/7
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Ride                         15    +3    +9    +27
Handle Animal                 5    +1    +7    +12
Knowledge (Religion)          5    -1          +4
Spot                          5    +1          +7

[B]Equipment:                   Cost    Weight[/B]
+4 Belt of Giant Strength     16,000g    1lb
+3 Mithral Full Plate         19,6590g  25lb
+2 Animated Heavy Steel Shield   16,180g   15lb
+2 Ring of Protection          8,000g    -
+1 Vicious Lance (Illuminated)    8,310g   10lb
+1 Cloak of Resistance          1,000g    1lb
Necklace of Adaptation          9,000g    -
Quiver of Ehlonna (60)          1,800g    1lb
- MW Comp Longbow (7)             1,000g    3lb
Ring of Sustenance          2,500g    -
Backpack                  2g    2lb
Explorer's Outfit             10g    8lb
Belt Pouch X2                      2g    1lb
- Potions of CLW X4            200g    2lb
- Potions of Magic Fang X4        200g    2lb
Boot Dagger                  2g    1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]72lb      [B]Money:[/B] 50gp 80sp 100cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]            233   466   700  1,400 3,500

[B]Age:[/B] 28
[B]Height:[/B] 6'1"
[B]Weight:[/B] 260lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Grey
[B]Hair:[/B] Platinum Blond
[B]Skin:[/B] Dark Tan
Appearance:
This interesting fellow is quite a sight to behold. His very
dark complexion is acutely accented by hi s dazzling, strait
long platinum blond hair and light grey eyes. What makes his
face even more striking is the fact that is completely covered
with a web of very faint cut and burn scars. Nothing disfiguring
mind you but like a tattoo on black skin it tends to make people
stare harder to try and see the pattern. The fact that he rides
atop a strange Scaled worm does nothing to detract attention either.
He wears a brilliant set of mithral full plate and is attended by
a floating shield of equal quality emblazoned with the symbol
of his deity. His oversized lance crackles violently with purple
energy intermittently.

Background:
Out of the deep southern deserts this warrior rides on the back
of an ashworm covered in massive spiked scales. Sand pours off
the armor as they emerge from beneath the dunes together.
Roshan came from the nomadic tribes of ashworm herders of a land
nobody thought could sustain life at all. Knowing how to ride
and tame the worms is in his blood. As a strong boy it was always
known that he would be a protector of his people from the back of
an ashworm. His armor being polished by the abrasive sands,
he rose quickly through the ranks of his family’s great defenders.
When his people were laid low by a disease that claimed all but
the few protectors that were immune, he had no reason to stay
there any longer. The dragoon set out to explore the world beyond.
Along the way he found a small group of companions that came to
be his new family and gained purpose once more.[/sblock][sblock=Ashworm]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Ulan Ba'kal
[B]Class:[/B] Mount
[B]Race:[/B] Ashworm
[B]Size:[/B] Large
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] Nuetral
[B]Deity:[/B] -

[B]Str:[/B] 26 +8 (21, +1 paladin, +4 dragoon)  [B]Level:[/B] 13            [B]XP:[/B] -
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (10)                 [B]BAB:[/B] +13/8/3         [B]HP:[/B] 141 (13d10+65)
[B]Con:[/B] 10 +5 (17, +3 lvl)             [B]Grapple:[/B] +25         [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 06 -2 (6)                 [B]Speed:[/B] 60'/B30'/C5'  [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 13 +1 (13)                 [B]Init:[/B] -              [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 06 -2 (6)                 [B]ACP:[/B] -               [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +0    -1    +19    +X    28
[B]Touch:[/B] 09              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 28

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      9    +5          +14
[B]Ref:[/B]                       8    +0   +2     +10
[B]Will:[/B]                      4    +1          +5

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Sting                     +21    2d6+12     X2
Trample                 +16    str check

[B]Languages:[/B] none

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Empathic Link
Improved Evasion
Share Spells
Share Saving throws
Evasive Diver
Tremorsense 60ft

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Lightning Reflexes
Alertness
Improved Natural Weapon (Sting)
Improved Natural Weapon (Sting)
Improved Overrun

[B]Skill Points:[/B] --       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 13/7
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Jump                       10   +8   +12    +30
Climb                      3    +8   +9     +20
Listen                     3    +1   +2     +6

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Wormbands of Speed       3,000g  24lb
Exotic Saddle               70g  40lb
Saddlebags                   4g   8lb
Feed (10 days)               1g 100lb
Waterskins (4)               8g   8lb
Arrows (40) bundled          5g   2lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]522lb 

[B]Lgt   Med     Hvy     Lift     Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]             1,000   2,000   3,000   6,000   15,000

[B]Age:[/B] 5
[B]Height:[/B] 5'5"
[B]Weight:[/B] 3,500lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] none
[B]Hair:[/B] none
[B]Skin:[/B] ruddy
Appearance: As an ashworm of such an advanced paladin/dragoon,
Ulan's scales are exceptionally thick and barbed. Her color is more
brown than purple after several years of burrowing through regular
dirt and mud instead of sand. Her sting has wicked barbs as well,
and she is exceptionally fond of mowing down large numbers of enemies.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It is possible that if enough players are interested, I will run a second group. But that is no guarantee. I will have to see how many people are interested. Plus the second group probably wouldn't get started for a month or two.

Hmmm... Then i would like to schedule an interwiew as things are back to normal, and I would like to play. As an alternate or in a second group i will diffently be ready in a month or two :p

HM

Rathan

First Post
alrighty... in light of a REALLY awesome magic item that has now been brought to my attention by Thanee.... a couple of questions here for you Airwalkrr....

I will be making a Cloak of Charisma +4 and Resistance +2 which I do believe is 11,000 gp and 880 xp

Can I also combine my amulet of health +2 and a Greater Chasuble of Fell Power... paying the standard crafting fees of 12,000 gp and 960 xp?... I realise these are two different books.. but they both take up the neck slot they would fit together....

another question I have is this.... if you have more than one attack in a round... do you get more than one eldritch blast as well? Or do you only get one EB in a round?..

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads