• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: The Forgotten Depths of Kulkanor IC

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kit looks around, and assesses the situation. "Is everyone alright?" Seeing that they are, he turns to other things. His knife is now out, and he flips it over in his hand absent mindedly, as he speaks.

"I don't speak kobold, comrades, but I'd be happy to let these poor wretches live. Perhaps we could convince them to leave us in peace if we leave them their coppers? I suspect we won't want to carry them in any case, for such small returns, but it is clear that they value them, and enjoy their hoard."

Kit looks at his comrades: not two minutes have passed since they have arrived and already they possess more wealth on his own. There were clearly great rewards indeed in this place, for those that would survive.

possum

First Post
"I agree with letting them live," Thamior says as he overlooks the captured kobolds. "They had the good sense to surrender when things got too overwhelming for them," he adds. "I sadly do not know their language to let them know of this, however..." The elf sheaves his sword.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Perhaps I should point out that in AD&D, you get experience not only for defeating the monsters, but taking their loot as well. For each gold piece worth of treasure, you get 1 point of experience. This is divided however the treasure is divided. Therefore the system also encourages equal disbursement of treasure among the party members and helps simulate the actual desire for wealth your characters would have, because you gain not only the wealth, but experience commensurate to your wealth.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ah say let's kill 'em all, let the gods sort 'em out." states the dwarf, ready to carry out what he said. "Ah'm also takin' as much as Ah can carry."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Valeska regards the creatures with pity.

"We must not suffer to let evil survive. Yet, chivalry demands quarter when requested. And still, we cannot let someone alert the others.

What of your souls, I wonder?"

Valeska clutches her fist to her breast, concentrating on the kobolds' being (ooc: detect evil).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Ah say let's kill 'em all, let the gods sort 'em out." states the dwarf, ready to carry out what he said. "Ah'm also takin' as much as Ah can carry."

"Stay your axe, friend dwarf. These creatures are defeated, and as Valeska will surely agree their chance to respond favorably to mercy is only possible if we let them live. Even if they are evil now, they are incapable of harming us. To slaughter non-combatants can never be good, whatever they have been taught to hold in their hearts."

He looks at the kobolds cowering before him, flips his knife again in his hand, and then sheathes it. Deliberately. Then shows his empty palms.

"And I am heartened to hear that the greed of the dwarves is based in fact, and not merely a cartoonish caricature." Kit smiles at Muzdum. "And since you are insistent, I am happy to allow you to carry all the coins as your share of the treasure, since that is your stated wish. The remainder can be divided between the rest of us equally."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Valeska]The kobolds are evil, but not overly so. They have but the faintest hint of evil about them. In fact, were there greater evils nearby, you doubt very much that you would notice the auras about the kobolds.

OOC: I will give you varying descriptions of the evil auras you encounter, rather than give a blanket power level. It will be up to you to determine the relative power of evil auras based upon your experience with using the spell. The more you use it, the more descriptions I will give you to judge future castings by.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hanon watches relieved that his inactions didn't casue anyone to get hurt. When givin the chance he swings his shield onto his shoulder and draws his mace.

Holding both the mace and torch feels odd to the priest but he doesn't wish to be caught unarmed again. Noticing the doors all around he wonders if any lead to a room they could lock these creatures in for the time being.

"M..m..maybe we should lo..lo..look around first?" he says to the others, pointing to the doors with his torch.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Thamior stops in his tracks as he helps his companions gather up the kobolds' possessions. He detects a faint draft coming from between the two doors along the east wall. A hidden passage perhaps?

Remove ads