Airwalkrr's Maure Castle IC Chapter 1: The Great Hall

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The corridor spills out into a room so immense that your light merely reveals a fraction of its size. Perhaps a hundred feet away, what appears to be a chalice on a raised stone platform casts eerie green illumination upon what looks like a watery pool. The chamber's western wall is pock-marked by hundreds of shallow niches, each about the size of a gnome's head.

The Great Hall
GM: Before we get any further, is [MENTION=42885]s@squ@tch[/MENTION] still with us? I ask because he hasn't posted to the IC thread yet.

Longren

"What....?" Longren says, his voice dying out as he takes in the vastness of the chamber. He tightens the grip on his axe and takes a few steps forward, pointing towards the pool. "What do you think is in that water?" He asks, his voice low.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette enters the chamber and looks around appreciatively. "They did think big, didn't they?" she asks rhetorically. "So. Mysterious little nooks. Pond with glowing green chalice in the center. So many things to become obsessed with."

Going over to one of the nooks she takes a look inside.

"I can't help but feel this is a bit ominous. Occupational hazard. Lets stick to the walls until we find the other doors and get the layout, then we can have someone check the chalice."

She starts pacing the wall, following it to get the physical dimensions of the room and location of exits solidified.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=42885]s@squ@tch[/MENTION] is missing from several games. Not sure if this was a planned hiatus or if he has just disappeared.

Brisarion nods in agreement with Silhouette's words. "Considering that these ruins have been raided in the past by other adventurers, I find it extremely ominous that there is a chalice sitting right out in the open like that. My gut says there must be a trap or hidden guardian close at hand."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Since it looks like Thanee will be joining us soon, I will proceed with the IC posting. I think she'll be ready by the time we get to anything super important.
As you gaze upon the chalice and discuss its significance, it seems to shimmer for a moment then fade before brightening again, this time radiating a light of a glistening silver color.

Rhun

First Post
Brisarion frowns as he considers the strangely pulsing chalice. "I can simply not think of any circumstances in which it may benefit us to investigate that chalice more closely..."

Thanee

First Post
Celine

“Right now, I cannot think of anything either,” Celine says. The sorceress had taken the place of Hedowin shortly before the group departed, as the wizard was called back by his guild on short notice and therefore couldn't participate in this undertaking. “And if something comes to mind later, I hope we can still get back here.”

airwalkrr

Adventurer
You stand facing the chalice, entranced by its glowing light. As if in response to Celine's statement, it shimmers again and shifts to a radiating a warm red glow. The water reflects the light throughout the chamber, but still you cannot fathom the walls.
GM: Welcome back, Thanee!

If you decide not to investigate the chalice (and why wouldn't you, it could be valuable!) then let me know where you wish to go from here.

Shayuri

First Post
"Green...silver...red..." Silhouette mutters. "I wonder if there's a pattern to these color changes. Everyone look around. See if you can find anything in the room that has those colors on it. Green silver and red, and maybe more too, but definitely including those three. Lets fan out in pairs and get the measure of this room. I'll go north; who's coming with me?"

Remove ads