• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia is ready for a review. I only need to finish up her description and background, and figure out how to post them. The site continues to stymie my efforts to fill in that 'bio' box, and the text box background doesn't seem to actually save to the sheet, or any other place, causing me to lose whatever I write in there when I try.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Talashia is ready for a review. I only need to finish up her description and background, and figure out how to post them. The site continues to stymie my efforts to fill in that 'bio' box, and the text box background doesn't seem to actually save to the sheet, or any other place, causing me to lose whatever I write in there when I try.
I'll review the stats. As for background, perhaps try creating a new character and checking to see if the background box works first. If not, delete the character and try again. If that doesn't work, perhaps try a different sheet. I am not sure what is up with the bio box. I will look into the matter on the OP community and see if there is a fix.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Review Notes
  • Deity: Does Talashia have a patron deity or is she simply a pantheist, atheist, agnostic, or other?
  • Weapons: It looks like you are factoring in Point Blank Shot into these calculations. Since this is a conditional modifier, you should only factor it in when the conditions are met.
  • Bloodline: I am deducing based on your bloodline arcana and bloodline power that you took Elemental as your Bloodline. It would be helpful if that were noted somewhere.
  • Inventory: You look like you should have 8 gp and 5 sp left over by my count. You don't need to pay for your starting outfit (or account for its weight) if it is under 10 gp. I noted you don't have a spell component pouch. Even though you have Eschew Materials, you might eventually need one to hold expensive material components (if you ever learn spells requiring such), just a note for the future.
  • Inventory: What type of jewelry does Talashia wear? Is it a ring, necklace, etc.?
  • Background: If you have a background written up you can post it here for now or post it to the OP wiki and link it.

Looks like only minor adjustments and a few fields which need clarification or filling in. Pretty much ready to go.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Fixing.

Tala's not an atheist or agnostic, as such don't make much sense in a world where deities are demonstratably real. :) I don't know that she's accepted a particular god as her favored one at the moment though. She was brought up to worship Saranrae foremost, but I feel that her worship there is somewhat perfunctory, more out of habit than devotion. She has some interest in the faith of Desna, just because its whimsical side appeals to her, and she'd like to spend more time traveling and seeing the world...but she hasn't followed up on that interest yet. She's still finding herself.

I included Point Blank bonuses because they always apply to a ranged attack at 30' or closer, and the maximum range of the Elemental Range is 30'. I can't use it farther away, so the PBS bonuses will always apply.

The gold is probably just an oversight on my part. I didn't pay for the clothes, but there were several things I considered then discarded...must've forgotten to update the GP count on one or another.

I will update this post with her background when I have more than a few minutes to clap together tonight.

Thanks for the feedback!

[sblock=Background!]Talashia was born and raised in a farm on the outskirts of Sandpoint, by an otherwise unassuming man and wife by the name of Trand and Pella Wittend. As the story goes, Pella's pregnancy came to term during a terrible summer storm that boiled in off the sea, and at the moment she was born, a bolt of lightning struck the thatched-roof cottage and set it afire. Trand, waiting anxiously outside with some friends, burst in and carried his wife out as the midwives scattered. The baby Talashia had his mother's darker Varisian skin tone, but her eyes never changed from their baby blues, and her hair grew in stark white.

As she grew, Talashia earned the nickname 'Wits-end,' a play on her family name. She was subject to great swings in mood, from hyperenergetic to gloomy and sullen, often with little apparent cause. Worst though was her temper...she was a handful and a half, and most of the town knew it. Even so, when on her 'up' swings Talashia was so bright and cheerful that it was impossible to stay mad at her for long. She often helped out around the inn doing tasks in the kitchen or cleaning up after busy nights.

One autumn morning when Talashia was out in the fields helping with the harvest, she was set on by a feral dog that came out of the woods all ragged and desperate for food. Trand and the other men were sprinting like mad as she screamed in fear when the dog leaped at her, knocking her down...and there was a sharp CRACK noise, and the smell of ozone. A flash of blue-white light sizzled from the tall stalks around where she'd gone down, and there was an anguished, terrified canine yelp. Finally, the ominous scent of burning grass and wheat.

Trand arrived to see his daughter frantically trying to stamp out the last flickers of flame from a burned patch of wheat, with tears of mingled fear and frustration and anger still falling from her eyes. On seeing him, she ran over to hug him, stammering apologies. When they touched there was an electric sizzle, and Trand jumped back. His hands weren't too terribly burned, but he still felt the muscles in his arms unclenching from the shock he'd gotten from touching her.

Within a few minutes Talashia was safe to touch again, and Trand took her in to tell Pella. A native Varisian, Pella realized that the little oddities she'd been half-ignoring around Talashia added up with this incident to something that couldn't be ignored. After all, next time it might not be a mad dog. So they gathered their money and made plans, and arranged to take Talashia to Magnimar to consult a sage about her problem.

A sage who confirmed the presence of magic...a soothsayer who reported that Talashia had been 'touched' by the storm...led them to contact a wizard operating in the great city, seeking help. Their daughter needed teaching she couldn't get elsewhere, and a strong firm hand to keep her under control. Seeing a chance to research a very rare phenomenon, the wizard Lant Stelborne agreed to look after her.

At first Talashia was little more than an object of study. As her control increased and she matured, she became a kind of apprentice of sorts. Though her magic was not wizardry, she benefitted from access to a scholarly study of magic, and the theory of magic was the same regardless of its source. However, the day came when she finally realized that Lant couldn't offer her more...if she was to continue to grow as a mage, and a person, it would be outside of his umbrella.

She decided that since her magic was rooted in the blood, it behooved her to explore her heritage. In particular, the Varisian people were known to produce sorcerors frequently, and the old Thassalonian runes they used as tattoos carried mystic significance. That seemed a good place to start in learning more about her strange powers.

So Talashia returned to Sandpoint, to see her friends and family of old on her way to longer journeys and deeper explorations into the nature of the Varisian people, the magic of Old Thassilon, and the eldritch fire that lightning had sparked within her on the day of her birth.[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Review Notes
  • Languages: This field is empty and needs to be filled out. Looks like just Common and Orc will be his languages since his Int mod is +0.
  • Traits: I cannot find where the giant slayer trait is located. Would you please cite the source and page number?
  • Inventory: Please detail the contents of the summoner's kit in the inventory to save time on reference.
  • Eidolon: What is the purpose of "(x2)" after the claws and improved damage evolutions? This seems to imply you have taken the evolution twice, but obviously you don't have the EPs.

In all, I don't really seem many changes that need to be made, just some clarifications. Good work, and I like the artwork you picked.

Thanks, AW.

I wasn't sure if the language should be Common or something more specific (Varisian). I put Common and Orc now.

The Giant Slayer trait is in the RotRL Aniv Ed Player's Guide, page 4, lower left.

Inventory: done.

Eidolon: It just means there are 2 claws. I tried to edit it but I can't edit the Bio here at home. Editing the rest of the page, such as the Inventory, does work.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, I'm all through tinkering, got the background done, and Marcas is ready for review. The sheet is just a .jpeg of an HTML sheet output by HeroLab - I made it as clear as I could within the file size limits on OP.

A couple of things I noticed - while there's a column for Misc. Modifiers in the skills, they don't seem to actually be broken out. For example, the +7 on Perception comes from 1 Rank + 3 Class Skill +1 Wisdom +2 Totem Spirit Feat. I did have the option of putting the details of all of the feats/equipment/etc on the sheet and did so for reference. Everything is from official Paizo sources - no third party stuff.

OK, I think that's about it. Oh, he wears a Monk's Outfit, but that doesn't print on the HTML either - not a big deal as it costs nothing and weighs nothing.

Have at it!

rangerjohn

Explorer
Right now I am awaiting on [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], [MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION], and [MENTION=28453]J. Alexander[/MENTION] to complete their characters. Shayuri and Mowgli have at least started characters on OP, so I am simply awaiting a request for review; if your character already done and ready for review just let me know here. rangerjohn has accepted the invite to OP, but has yet to post a character. J. Alexander has not sent me an OP screen name or a PM with his email so I have not been able to send him an the invite to OP nor has he posted to this thread since Oct 2. I will give him three days from this post to respond, otherwise the spot will go to [MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION], assuming he is still interested. If SelcSilverhand is not interested and J. Alexander does not respond, I will re-open recruiting until we get a sixth, but I will start up the IC as soon as the five players who have accepted the invite to OP have completed characters. [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION], please respond to your review notes for your characters and make corrections where necessary.

So that's an overview of where we are at this point.

Can I have a consensus on what is needed? Fighter or cleric? Something else. This is why I have been quiet.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
So far the party has:
-half-orc summoner (built for melee)
-human monk (zen archer)
-human sorcerer (electric elemental bloodline)
-human rogue (trapping and TWF)

So if you want my opinion, a cleric would probably fit best. They have arcane pretty well covered between the summoner and sorcerer, the summoner is also melee, a ranged character, and a trapper.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I will give him three days from this post to respond, otherwise the spot will go to [MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION], assuming he is still interested.

Still interested here, I'll keep checking this weekend. I'll start thinking of builds and backstory so you won't have to wait on me to get rolling. I'd take whatever rangerjohn doesn't want, either cleric or fighter. Even if I don't use them here it never hurts to have those ideas saved up for other games!

Remove ads