• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Shatterscape IC (Cooperative Design-As-You-Go PBP)

Kenku17

First Post
(OOC:Spot (1d20+4=10) I saw nothin.)

Micheal takes some of the bread and cheese, thanking the bartender, and walks to the Inn keeper "I had heard there was still beds in the common area, and I was wondering if I could take one" he says holding 5 silvers out.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kleb also saw nothing, being immersed in his reading. However, he was impressed with the polite conversation he heard thus far around him and smiled to himself in regards to the feeling of shared company.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arden rips a hunk off the loaf of bread and pops it into her mouth. A piece of cheese quickly follows and when the innkeep returns with her ale she can only chew and nod in reply. When she finishes that bite she takes another and for the next few moments she focuses only on her food and drink. When half her cheese and bread is gone she looks around the room as if only now remembering that others share the room with her. She swallows the food in her mouth and shifts in her seat. With deliberate slowness she breaks off a small piece of cheese and slips it into the box. She looks over at the black-haired man with the book.

"What are you reading?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Right you are, sir," the innkeeper replies to Michael, taking the five coins. "Space aplenty in the common room. An' help yerself ter a blanket n' pillow in tha corner."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest is lost in his own thoughts for a while, staring into the fire, and trying to decide what to do with himself. He looks up at Arden's question though, puzzled for a moment, before realizing it wasn't addressed to him.

Then he turns his attention to Kleb, curious as to the man's answer.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kleb looks up in surprise at the tattoed lady speaking to him but recovers and answers, "I am contemplating the Codex of Luthes, ma'am. I find that reviewing the wisdom of men that came before me helps me set the course for my own life. Currently I am reading through the Sayings of St. Matthias and his words on hospitality and charity."

Kenku17

First Post
"Right you are, sir," the innkeeper replies to Michael, taking the five coins. "Space aplenty in the common room. An' help yerself ter a blanket n' pillow in tha corner."

Micheal gets the blanket and pillow so he has it, but decides he wants to try one more of the delicious brew, and goes back to the bar for one final mug.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[Don't draw attention to yourself!]

"Hmm..."

Arden nods and takes a quick sip from her mug. She glances briefly at the man in blue who passes her as he heads to the bar again. She turns back to the man with the book.

"I've not read the Codex of Luthes. What does St. Matthias say about hospitality and charity?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kleb eagerly flips through to one of his favorite passages, "Charity is the path that will create the cycle of community. During a strong crop season, a farmer might give food freely to a hungry cousin of the lawmaker. The lawmaker will in turn protect a merchant's son from a greedy competitor. The merchant will remember the example of the lawmaker and loan the farmer money when a bad season causes the crops to fail. By this the bonds of community will be formed. But beware of the destroyers. There are predators who will try to profit from the weak or the charitable so that they may gain wealth without expending their own labor. When the charitable outnumber the destroyers the community is healthy. When the destroyers outnumber the charitable the community grows sick. Thus spake St. Matthias."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The innkeeper walks over to the door and peers outside one last time. You can see the sun's last rays have disappeared behind the buildings of the city and it is now quite dark out. "Well, I suppose that's all for tonight. I hope there's no one left out." With that, he bolts the door and heads back to the bar.

A few minutes later, you hear a door open down the hall where the private rooms are located. Shortly thereafter a woman in leather armor carrying a shortspear enters the bar room. She has unkempt short, red hair and a worried look on her face. She glances at the bolted door, then to the innkeeper, "I'm sorry, Olindar, but I have to leave. It's important."

The innkeeper's face goes white in horror as he shakes his head. He moves to stand between the woman and the door. "No, Krethan! It's already dark. I cannae possibly expose ye to the Crucible. Ye know ye are a target."

Krethan glares at the innkeeper, "You know this is something I have to do."

Dejectedly, the innkeeper looks at the floor and steps to the side. Krethan unbolts the door and dashes outside before any of you can react. The innkeeper quickly bolts the door behind her without even looking. He then turns around, a sorrowful look on his face. "A private room has just become available, if any of ye are interested."

Remove ads