• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Akutenshi Ability

Arcturus_Rugend

First Post
This may have been covered at some tiime in the past, but I didn't see it with a quick check...

The Akutenshi (a template from Oriental Adventures) is a template that can only be added to an Akutsukai (another template from Oriental Adventures). The Akutenshi has an ability called Breath of Taint that bases it's saving throw DC in part on the Akutenshi's constitution modifier. The problem is that the Akutenshi's creature type is "undead (Shadowlands)" as that was the change made with the Akutsukai template and was not changed with the addition of the second template. In other words, it shouldn't have a CON modifier because it shouldn't have a CON score. This wasn't covered in the OA errata, so am I missing something?

Thanks for the input in advance.

Zhure

First Post
.. and in a more helpful vein, I believe the rule-of-thumb is to use the CHA mod for undead types, and those who lack CON.

Greg

jlhorner1974

First Post
Right. Undead with no Con score use Cha instead of Con for everything, except for:

1. Fortitude saves
2. HP adjustments

for which their Con modifier is treated as +0.

Remove ads