Galeman

Explorer
Gorak

Half-Ork Druid 5
Ht: 5'5" Wt: 185
Hair: Black Dreadlocks
Eyes: White

HP: 40
AC: 14 (base 10 + dex 0 + armor 2 + shield 2)
BAB: +3
Init: 0

Fort: +8 (base 4 + con 3 + racial 1) -> see my house rules
Refl: +1 (base 1 + dex 0)
Will: +5 (base 2 + wis 3)

Str: 18
Dex: 10
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 16
Cha: 16 -> see my house rules

Feats

Track
Brew Potion

Special Abilities

Resist Nature's Lure
Woodland Stride
Animal Companion
Wild Empathy
Trackless Step
Wild Shape - Medium 1/day

Skills

Concentration +8, Craft Arms +1, Handle Animal +4, Heal +5, Knowledge Nature +5, Listen +9, Spellcraft +1, Spot +11, Survival +12

Weapon To Hit Dmg

MW. Cudgel +8 d6+4
Dagger +7/+3 d4+4
MW Mighty Composite Longbow +4 d8+1
Small Long Spear +7 d6+6

Equipment

Leather Armor
Large Darkwood Shield
5 Pitons
Rope
Flint and Steel
Tinderbox
2 Torches
Coal Pencil
Fishing Line
Hook
Potion Belt
Tarp

Magick Items

Potion of Invisibility
Potion of See Invisibility
Potion of Speak with Animals
Potion of Cure Light Wounds 1d8+4
Potion of Barkskin (3rd level)
Potion of Treeshape
Potion of Resist Energy - Cold (3rd level)
Scroll - Endure Elements x3
Scroll - Spider Climb x3
Scroll - Charm Animal (4th level), Hide from Animal (3rd level), Regenerate (4th level)
Scroll - Cure Serious 3d8+5

Galeman

Explorer
Shayla

Half-Elf Sorceress 5
Ht: 5'2" Wt: 115
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Green

HP: 23
AC: 15 (base 10 + dex 3 + armor 2 + shield 0)
BAB: +2
Init: +3

Fort: +2 (base 1 + con 1)
Refl: +4 (base 1 + dex 3)
Will: +7 (base 4 + wis 3)

Str: 10 0
Dex: 16 +3
Con: 12 +1
Int: 15 +2
Wis: 17 +3
Cha: 18 +4

Feats/Abilities

Point Blank Shot (1st)
Eschew Materials (bonus) -> see my house rules
Precise Shot (3rd)
Alertness (Familiar)
Silent Spell (5th) -> see house rules
Summon Familiar
Low Light Vision
+2 Vs. Enchantment
Immune to Sleep

Skills

Alchemy +6, Bluff +8 (House rule), Concentration +9, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +6, Knowledge Arcana +6, Listen +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +7, Spot +7

Weapon To Hit Dmg

+1 Bone Dagger +3/+6 1d4 +1
L. Xbow ++5 1d8

Equipment

Bedroll
Blanket
Pillow
Flask
Backpack
Noble's Cloting + Jewelry
Tindertwig
Traveller's Outfit
Mithral Robe (+2 AC +8 Max Dex 5% Arcane Failure)
2 Alchemist's Fires
Sultanas 434
Sheiks 27
Viziers 25

Magick Items

Hewaard's Handy Haversack (carries most of the groups standard adventuring gear and rations)
Diamond Earrings - Cast Disguise Sefl 3/day
Scroll - Mount x 2 (3rd level)
Scroll - Mage Armor, Shield (3rd)
Scroll - Invisibility x2 (4th)
Scroll - Rope Trick, See Invisibility x 2 (4th)
+1 Bone Dagger

Spells

0th

Ray of Frost
Daze
Mage Hand
Detect Magick
Disrupt Undead

1st

Charm Person
Obscuring Mist
Magick Missle
Protection from Evil/Good - house rule

2nd

Scorching Ray
Mirror Image

Familiar

Emerald (Emma) Cat, Hp 9, Init +2, Spd 30, AC 17, Fort +2, Refl +4, Will +1
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 7; Low-light, Scent; Balance +10, Climb +6, Hide +14, Jump +10, Listen +3, Move Silently +6, Spot +3; Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link

pogre

Legend
Galeman said:
so, it has finally happened. two sessions ago the characters in the game i run, Al-Qarin A Tale of Arcanomancers, Adventurosity, Ambiton (*sigh*), finally attained 5th level! now this may seem like a commonplace occurance for most, but since the day i began running Al-Qarin (formerly Zanzabar World) no character has managed to obtain this plateau. from total party kills, to the dreaded "i don't like my character anymore", to people moving away (including myself at one point) no party or character has been able to surpass level four.

Congrats man! BTW my last two campaign have ended in TPKs at 5th level ;)

Galeman

Explorer
so, i really don't want to let this thread drift off in to obscurity. i've really been hoping that eternalnewbie would post a new story hour, but he's been pretty busy/lazy of late, so at the behest of the formerly mentioned i haven't posted the upcoming baddies. but i'm working on the post for Malakai and will update very soon regardless of eternalnewbie's wishes :D

MetalSlime

First Post
character points

Hey Galeman, :)

If it's not too much to ask:

How do you run your character points? Could you elaborate more on the system? How do the players get them? How many do you generally award per session? Can they only be used at level-up?

Just curious is all.

Last edited:

Galeman

Explorer
hey metalslime,

character points are a fairly arbitrary bonus that i allot as opposed to giving bonus xp for story and roleplaying. on the average, i'd say the characters receive from 1 to 5 cp's a gaming session. they are not always alloted in equal amounts either. for instance, khalid's character has received extra cp's for writing the story hour because it helps to flesh out his character and that of the others to an extent as well. it also makes my games look more fun than the really are :D what they can be spent on is outlined in this thread. as well, i'm open to just about any idea. for instance, another player of mine was playing a cleric of Nemorga (ala scarred lands) and was over time expending all his cp's to gain the ability to have the spell Deathwatch become permanent. as a flavor thing it appeared as the ghostly spectre of Nemorga taking more and more interest in the fate of the "nearly fallen". and no, cp's may be used at any time. Khalid's player just has a tendency to use his to reroll hp's all the time. which i find rather annoying. g%d d*&n meaty wizards. :confused:
thanks for the interest. if you have any more questions, just leave them with my secretary and i'll be sure to get back to you in 3-5 business days ;)

MetalSlime

First Post
Galeman said:
hey metalslime,

if you have any more questions, just leave them with my secretary and i'll be sure to get back to you in 3-5 business days ;)

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

as a matter of fact, I do have another question! Up to this point, what have the characters in this campaign spent character points on? Obviously Khalid's player has rerolled some hit points, but what about the other 2? Any feats or ability scores or NPC contacts purchased yet?

Galeman

Explorer
well, i know that gorak has purchased a feat (diehard i believe) and is using his other character points to purchase skill points. khalid blew a whack of skill points from his story hour on an above average cohort, which he then decided was too powerful and made a new one within the guidelines though he took a few liberties. shayla's player is saving her skill points up for a story based reason that will have to wait until later to be disclosed.

Galeman

Explorer
wow, it's been so long i'm surprised this thread is still here. finally, eternalnewbie has reached the point in the story where things start to get interesting. i'll post malakai now and some of his more interesting cronies in the near future, like Einis the goblin fighter (a.k.a. Jalaal's bane). anyway, now to let the cat out of the bag!

Malakai - Male Barghest - Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful, Shapechanger)

HD 7d8 + 7; Init + 6; Spd 30, 50 (wolf); AC 24 (+2 Dex, +7 Nat, +5 Breast Plate); BAB +7; Grapple +11; Attk Adamantium Great Sword +11, Claws +10, Bite +10; Full Attk Adamantium Great Sword +11 (2d6+6) and Bite +5 (1d6+4); Space/Reach 5/5; Saves: Fort +7, Refl +8, Will +8; Str 18, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14; Skills Bluff +11, Diplomacy +6, Disguise +2 (+4 acting), Hide +11*, Intimidate +13, Jump +12, Know (Arcana) +10, Listen +11, Move Silently +10, Profession (Mining) +10, Search +11, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +6, Spot +11, Survival +11 (+13 following tracks), Use Magick Device +10; Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Track;
*Barghest's gain +4 circumstance bonus on hide checks.

Specials:
Change Shape (Su): A Barghest can assume the shape of a goblin or a wolf as a standard action. In goblin form, a Barghest can wield weapons and wear armor. In wolf form, a Barghest loses its claw attacks but retains its bite.

Pass without trace (Ex): A Barghest in wolf form can use pass without trace as a free action.

Spell Like Abilities:
At will: Blink, Levitate, Misdirection (DC 14), Rage (DC 15); 1/day: Charm Monster (DC 16), Crushing Despair (DC 16), Dimension Door. Caster level = Hit Dice. Saves are Charisma based.

Feed (Su): See MM pg. 22.

Euipment
Adamantium Greatsword
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (12 charges)
Breast Plate
Massive amounts of wealth in the form of Adamantium bars

i really like barghests as nememses. they can surprise the h3ll out of the players when they suddenly realize that they aren't just up against a fat goblin and they have a lovely mechanic for advancing that no gm should ever ignore! just a little forshadowing in that sentence ;)

Remove ads