Alabama Adventure - Would Love Ideas & Suggestions

ledded

Herder of monkies
Stormborn said:
<snip>
ledded, not a problem, people seemed to be suprised with what I know on a regular basis, and that particular fact is an obscure one.

Everyone who lives near B'ham should read Low Red Moon by Caitlin Keirnan (spelling?).
Oh, I was surprised that anyone had heard of that. I had a college anthropology/archeology professor that specialized in native american studies tell me that one many many moons ago. Do you happen to remember the original native american word, and whether it was muskogee or cherokee? I can't find a reference to it anywhere to save my life nowadays.

(side note: See Pierce, Drew, I really *didnt* just make that up! :D )

Thanks for the book reference, I'll be picking that one up too. I'm surprised that I hadnt heard of it yet, but now that I have I'll be getting it. Modern gothic horror novel set in my own town? How the heck did I miss that? Pierce, we're falling down on the job, old man. :D

You know, I am all the time reading of these great occult games that take place in Chicago or New York or LA. I think compiling all of these occult/unnusual links to AL is a great idea.
Oh yes, playing magical connect-the-dots in the south (or your own hometown) can be fun. My character in our B'ham-centered game and story hour has some relatives and also some tenuous and nefarious connections with voudoun practitioners in New Orleans, and our group recently finished up an episode that took place in backwater Mississippi. One of my favorite things about our campaign is that we've all gained a much greater appreciation for the history, and weirdness, that can be found in our own hometown.

Pierce

First Post
ledded said:
Thanks for the book reference, I'll be picking that one up too. I'm surprised that I hadnt heard of it yet, but now that I have I'll be getting it. Modern gothic horror novel set in my own town? How the heck did I miss that? Pierce, we're falling down on the job, old man.

I was expecting Fludogg to let us know about it.

mmmmm....inside jokes on a public message board. Really, it's funny...

Remove ads