• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Albany Gameday X – The Fifth Anniversary (October 4th)

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Albany Gameday X – The Fifth Anniversary (October 4th)

Albany Gameday X
Date: October 4th

Now that we have the go ahead from George, I can post this. It’s that time of year again. Guedo79 has important Wedding planning to do, but we couldn’t let the 5th Anniversary of Albany Gameday just slip by unnoticed. I’ve taken charge this time round. So come and wish Guedo79 and his fiancée happy nuptials. Oh and game. Can’t forget the gaming. After all, there will be zombies, Jenga and even Ponies.

As the official spokesman of Albany Gameday, I say come one, come all to the best Medium Fun you can have. We’re really striving to raise the bar to Medium Well this time.
There will be punch and pie!

We’re currently looking for players and GMs. Don’t be shy. We won’t bite. Well, I can’t promise about scholar or guedo79.

Meet & Greet: 9am-10am
Doors in theory open at 9am. If they don't there will be people standing around, chatting outside the doors.

I'll be ordering pizza around noon. Kick in a few bucks if you want any.

Games:

Morning 10am to 2pm:

Title: Have Con Crud, Will Shamble by Ao the Overkitty FULL
System: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Genre: Comedic Horror
Players:
  • Donovan Morningfire
  • ArcanaValantine
  • Mikhail
  • Welverin
  • Bip
  • Spiff
  • Ember
It's Saturday evening and you're just finishing up your pickup game at the Embassy Suites. The Con Crud has been particularly nasty this year and the germaphobic GM insisted on gaming in his room, so now you're stuck on the 20th floor. Hmm... you didn't realize the Zombie Walk came through this hotel...
To survive the zombie horde, these gamers are going to need to do what they do best, improvise!

Title: Dread Come to Albany RPG by scholar (upstairs corner table claimed) FULL
System: Dread
Genre: scholarific horror/improv
Players:
  • SSaint
  • Yttrai
  • Smilodon
  • Woas
  • Jayton
  • Jayton’s imaginary brother
questionaires will be filled out during breakfast meet and greet, or if you'd like them ahead of time, drop me an email
blurb: what could be so horrific about a trip to albany to game with your friends, both real and online? there's only one way to find out...

Title: Trick or Treat by Mr. Cadkitty FULL
System: 4e D&D
Genre: It's D&D, people!
Players:
  • Some guy named Ryan whom Woas claims is his friend
  • Anthony
  • Guedo79
  • Evil Kitty Girl
  • Cadkitty

The town of Pajeet has had an enchantment placed on it since time immemorial. The foul beasties that prowl the surrounding wilderness have been held at bay so that the townsfolk can farm and live peacefully without fear of monster attack. However a deal has been struck and the townsfolk still have cause for concern. One night each year the enchantment falls and the creatures of the wilderness come a calling. Always the choice is given;
Trick or Treat
Town of Pajeet
give us something we can eat
If you dont you should beware
your cries of death will fill the air
The town gathers donations from the farmers and fisherman to placate the monsters until morning but as a precaution they also hire a band of adventurers to drive off any of the weaker beasts that come. The sun is setting the townsfolk have locked their doors and closed their shutters.

Are you ready for the long night ahead?

Title: Paranoia Mission \/ U L 7 R 0 1\1 by alwaystoast
System: You are not cleared for that Citizen
Genre: Access Denied
Players:
  • JeffOrt
  • Deathwing
  • Xeserox
  • Open
  • Open
Alts:
  • Mog

Beatings and Salivations Citizen! Friend Computer would like to announce that you [Yes YOU! Friend Computer does not make mistakes!] and your Troubleshooting Team have been chosen to help RND to test [Censored] for Friend Computer before [Deleted] and it is [Deleted] late. I'm sure you look forward to [ERROR 141] for the glory of Alpha Complex. You will go bravely where [Removed to protect the sanity of Citizens] has gone before.

Afternoon 3pm to 7pm:

Title: My Little Pony RPG by Guedo79 FULL
System: Homebrewed
Genre: Comedy Gold
Players:
  • scholar
  • CadKitty
  • Mr. Cadkitty
  • SSaint
  • Mikhail
  • Yttrai
Alts:
  • deviousneko
  • Adrian

What? You want a blurb? What’s it worth to you?

Title: Savage City Ransom by Woas
System: Savage Worlds
Genre: Beat 'em up
Players:
  • Smilodon
  • Anthony
  • A Buddy Without a Friend
  • Open
  • Open
Alts:
  • Mog
Oh snap! Fred's girlfriend just got kidnapped by mega-rad street lord J.J. Cool Fresh. Gather your posse and beat the snot out of the hordes of high schooler, gang kids, and bosses to save Fred's girlfriend and prepare for the fight of your life!

Title: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Assault on Outpost 1138 by Donovan Morningfire
System: Star Wars: Saga Edition
Genre: Space Opera
Players:
  • Ao the Overkitty
  • Welverin
  • Bip
  • Spiff
  • Evil Kitty Girl
  • Open
Republic Intelligence has learned that the Separatists are working on a new bio-chem weapon at a remote Outer Rime world, a weapon that may yet give them the decisive advantage they require against the Grand Army of the Republic. As members of the elite Republic Commando, the outcome of the war rests on the success of your mission.

Title: Talisman 4e Board Game by The Fish
Genre: Fantasy Board Game
Players:
  • Jayton
  • Some guy named Ryan whom Woas claims is his friend
  • Jayton’s imaginary brother
  • Open
  • Open
A mighty wizard, now long dead, ruled over the land of Talisman using the power of a magical crown, forged in the Valley of Fire by spirits cruelly enslaved to arcane magic. When the wizard sensed his days coming to an end, he resolved to hide his crown in the most dangerous region in his realm, guarded by the most fearsome guardians his spells could command. With his last dying breath he proclaimed that only one with strength, wisdom and courage could take his crown and rule in his stead. Hundreds of years have passed and the realm has grown more dangerous, infested by monsters and troubled by innumerable evils. To this day, the legends draw gallant heroes to the troubled land. So far no-one has proven worthy of the challenge. Their bones lie bleached and broken upon the Plains of Peril or else cast idly aside to be gnawed by wild beasts and monsters.

Title: Munchkin by Xeserox
Genre: Card Game
Players:
  • Deathwing
  • JeffOrt
  • Ember
  • Open
  • Open
Kick in the door, kill the monster, backstab your friends. First one to reach level 10 wins.

So Who wants to come?
Who's interested in DMing?
Who wants a big bucket of gameday loving?

Disclaimer: Product may not contain punch or pie

Last edited:

scholar

First Post
Ao the Overkitty; said:
Albany Gameday X
Date: September 27th

Morning Slot
Dread Come to Albany RPG by scholar (upstairs corner table claimed)
System: Dread(duh)
Genre: scholarific horror/improv
Players:

* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open

questionaires will be filled out during breakfast meet and greet, or if you'd like them ahead of time, drop me an email
blurb: what could be so horrific about a trip to albany to game with your friends, both real and online? there's only one way to find out...

there, game with scheduling and blurb faster than ever before

Afternoon 3pm to 7pm:

Title: My Little Pony RPG by Guedo79
System: Homebrewed
Genre: Comedy Gold
Players:

* scholar
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open

What? You want a blurb? What’s it worth to you?

So Who wants to come?
Who's interested in DMing?
Who wants a big bucket of gameday loving?

Disclaimer: Product may not contain punch or pie

FIFM

now who's in people? our fifth anniversary, let's make it big!!!

Crothian

First Post
Man, I wish I could make it this time. But it's not to be. I see my Dread game impressed Scholar so much he has to now run one himself!! :D

Woas

First Post
Oh wow. I was just thinking to myself today and wondering if we were going to do a Autumn gameday. I guess my wish came true!

I'd like to GM again. A game of Savage Worlds. But I dunno what the game is yet. Doesn't matter what slot, morning or afternoon is fine. And I'll keep my eyes open and sign up for a game later too.

Yay!:D

Woo-Hoo! I can make this one!

Sign me up for the AFMBE game (curious to see if I can die as fast as the last time I played a one-shot of that).

Also, I have a Star Wars Saga Edition adventure I can run in the afternoon slot. I'll post the descriptive blurb this afternoon.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Updated with new games and players.

Woas, I stuck you in the afternoon to even things out a little.

We've now got 4 morning games and 3 afternoon games.

Also signed myself up for an afternoon game.

Man, I wish I could make it this time. But it's not to be. I see my Dread game impressed Scholar so much he has to now run one himself!! :D

Sorry we won't see you this time, but we'll hopefully see you soon...ish.

I know your dread game impressed me too, I just didn't feel I had enough time make a system jump.

scholar

First Post
damn straight... wish you could make it dude, and bring othre ohioinians with you
Updated with new games and players.

Woas, I stuck you in the afternoon to even things out a little.

We've now got 4 morning games and 3 afternoon games.

Also signed myself up for an afternoon game.

Sorry we won't see you this time, but we'll hopefully see you soon...ish.

I know your dread game impressed me too, I just didn't feel I had enough time make a system jump.

game jumped out at me fully formed... I'm writing up the questionaire this weekend:D

guedo79

Explorer
Just got word from George, the owner of Zombie Planet. Sept. 27th is a Heroscape tournament.

So we have to shift to Oct. 4th.

Sorry about that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads