Alchemist Class - EN World - A Touch of Class

dgaskell007

First Post
I have been looking at the details of creating a Alchemist from the A Touch of Class book from EN World. All seems very straight forward to create but there is one bit that seems strange.

The section about creating an Alchemist states: You can make an alchemist quickly by following these suggestions. First, Intelligence should be your highest ability score. Make Dexterity your next highest if you plan on specializing in ranged combat. Select the cantrips light, produce flame, and resistance. Finally, choose the sage background.

The highlighted part it the bit I need clarification on.

The rest of the Alchemist class details makes no mention of Cantrips.

I would like to know whether the Alchemist knows any Cantrips and if so how many?

Strionic

Villager
I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! It doesn't seem to mention anything else in the A Touch of Class PDF or physical copy of the book. I really want to play this class.

After searching for answers (And pulling my hair out in the process) I did find some kind of answers. In the first (On Patreon at least) posted Alchemist class PDF (Just the class, not part of A Touch Of Class) It does go into more depth on the cantrips the Alchemist has. You can still grab that on Patreon if you want. (I don't think I'd be allowed to post screen shots of the PDF here.)

To me it looks like an editing error. I have asked for clarification on the matter (on the Pateon), still waiting for a reply. Will reply when I get an answer!

Zardnaar

Legend
A few of the touch of class classes are like that. I can't figure out how the card caster works. I think I know what its meant to do just not sure how it actually works.

Think we ended up banning all of the classes.

dgaskell007

First Post
Hi Strionic, can you provide me with a link to the original alchemist class post and pdf. I have been searching for it but failed to locate it.

Thanks.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
A few of the touch of class classes are like that. I can't figure out how the card caster works. I think I know what its meant to do just not sure how it actually works.

Think we ended up banning all of the classes.
That's weird, I didn't think the cardcaster was that complicated. It's on my short list of concepts to try soon.

Strionic

Villager
Hey all, sorry for the late reply. I'm not on here very often. Glad you got what you needed [MENTION=6937314]dgaskell007[/MENTION].

Heads up, I was told I was going to get an answer sometime this week! Unfortunately nothing thus far.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I've had a look at it and whilst the Alchemist does get some basic attack at level 1 (basic bomb) it does seem like they should get some cantrips too (and the doc does reference it whilst missing the details).

Here's my stab at it (following patterns for other spellcasting classes):

3 cantrips until level 9. 4 cantrips at level 10.

Available cantrips:

Acid Splash
Control Flames
Create Bonfire
Light
Mending*
Poison Spray
Produce Flame
Shocking Grasp
Thunderclap

*added after feedback

It's not a huge list but I wanted to keep it within the realm of believability for an Alchemist. The docs suggest that Resistance would be one but that seems a stretch?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Remove ads