• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alea Noble

I bought it hopeing for some birth right flavor...but I doubt itcould beused for it...However I find the powers in line for there levels, and the only thing I feel they missed was a paragon path that would make it better...however I can already see myself as a Warlord/Noble

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Joshua has mentioned they have more Noble stuff coming out soon, though I don't know if as a separate PDF or as part of their campaign setting (which I am SO looking forward to).

Jack99

Adventurer
Joshua has mentioned they have more Noble stuff coming out soon, though I don't know if as a separate PDF or as part of their campaign setting (which I am SO looking forward to).

Wasn't it some at-will powers and paragon paths or something like that? If so, I think they said they would simply add it to the original pdf.

Stogoe

First Post
Wasn't it some at-will powers and paragon paths or something like that? If so, I think they said they would simply add it to the original pdf.

What happens if I've already bought it? Can I get the updated pdf by re-downloading it?

As for the class itself, it's interesting, but the high level powers seem to deal low damage to me. Then again, I've pretty much ignored post-Heroic play, so maybe I just don't know. If I decide to pause my campaign for 10+ in-game years, I think it'd be about perfect for one of my players to retrain into.

One minor complaint about it, sadly, is that it seems too focused on Str and Cha powers. Charisma I understand and agree with, but not giving the option to use Dex seems to unfairly exclude Noble Rogues and archery Rangers. This could easily be houseruled to the effect of "Str or Dex vs Defense", but it's just something I noticed.

Jraynack

Explorer
Hey all,

First, thanks for your interest in our product - I will be glad to answer any questions people may have about it.

What happens if I've already bought it? Can I get the updated pdf by re-downloading it?

Yes, you will recieve the download for free if you already bought it. I should have it up by Nov. 1 (putting the finishing touches on our adventure, Three Days Until Dawn and finishing the layout and articles for our new Dragon's Hoard e-zine/newletter). Dragon's Hoard will also have the corrections for those that might not notice to update their product.

As for the class itself, it's interesting, but the high level powers seem to deal low damage to me.

I've learned that certain effects, such as weakened, play an important element in the game and might be the reason why some damage for powers are a bit low. Note: "Weakened until the end of your next turn" and "Weakened (save ends)" are miles apart in terms of power level. This is also another difference to look for when looking at powers.

One minor complaint about it, sadly, is that it seems too focused on Str and Cha powers. Charisma I understand and agree with, but not giving the option to use Dex seems to unfairly exclude Noble Rogues and archery Rangers. This could easily be houseruled to the effect of "Str or Dex vs Defense", but it's just something I noticed.

Great feedback! When designing the character, I did focus a bit more toward the martial characters, especially Warlord and fighter. This would be a great article for our premiere issue of Dragon's Hoard. I better get started!

Both - Future issues of Dragon's Hoard will feature articles on particular noble families that characters might belong too - each will have their own set of powers to select from. Our Feudal Lords campaign setting features several paragon paths and epic destinies dedicated to the bloodline power source. Also, our first issue of Dragon's Hoard (November) features a playtest version of our noble title system - so we expect to hear feedback from you all.

Speaking of feedback - feel free to post at our EnWorld hosted forum anytime, especially if you want direct answers from the source. Click HEREto visit our forum.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads