• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alias Finale: The Final Seconds (Spoilers)

TemplarSaint

First Post
OK, I wasn't expecting much from Alias last night. I still like the show, but it has not grabbed me as much this season as prior seasons, and it has further paled in comparison to Lost. I was much more excited about the Lost finale last night, but those last seconds of Alias are what really grabbed me.
So, who is Vaughn? Why was Sydney directed to him when she went to the CIA? Is he still working for whomever he was then, or did he leave their employ?
I'm thinking he was dealing with Rambaldi artifacts, either as a CIA agent, or an outside secret organization. Given that he hasn't been using his real name, I will assume he is part of a secret society and used Vaughn's identity to get into the agency. He has since been staying close to Syd because he knows she is central to the prophecies.
Let us know what your suspicion is.

Zuoken

First Post
I thought the last thirty seconds or so were rather hacked up; the whole secret identity thing on Alias has been done to death. Using a plot like that on a major character like Vaughn with little to no precedent for it, meh, I just hope they have a good storyline for it in the next season. The car crash was brutal though.

Your guess seems to be pretty well on the mark though, and I have a feeling that a lot of this is going to tie in with Irina and Vaughn's father (we still don't know why he put Nadia under Yelena's care).

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Well, *if* he's not really Vaughn, why was he so passionate about his father?

It was all an act? Puh-lease. Enough with whole messed ID thing.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Viking Bastard said:
Well, *if* he's not really Vaughn, why was he so passionate about his father?

It was all an act? Puh-lease. Enough with whole messed ID thing.

I had the same thought. Why be passionate about finding your father's killer (earlier seasons, finding if he was alive - this season, convincing Vaughn's uncle your his nephew, etc.)

I thought they had done a nice job wrapping up the Rimbaldi storyline and clearing the way for a clean slate (of sorts) with next season. The whole bit with Vaughn at the end just pissed me off.

Azgulor

(The car crash was well done, though, I have to admit.)

Krafus

First Post
As they were driving, I thought "They're gonna have an accident, Vaughn's not ever looking at the road, it's just a matter of time..." And so it was. As for Vaughn saying he's not Vaughn, well, I'm willing to wait and see how that develops in the next season before I pass judgement. However, it had better be a well thought out story arc. "Vaughn" being in a coma while Sydney tries to uncover the truth about him while looking mournfully at his immobile form plugged to medical equipment won't qualify.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads