• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alignment loophole?

arcanaman

First Post
I am confused about unaligned does it give you creedence to do whatever

you or who does that work exactly is basically the same as neutral?

Boarstorm

First Post
also note that in 4E alignment so far has zero effect beyond fluff (well at least nothing I've noticed)

Actually, I did spot one instance of alignment matters.

The Paladin paragon path Astral Weapon's level 20 daily Astral Whirlwind gives a bonus if you use it to kill evil or chaotic evil creatures. I discovered that while statting up an evil paladin. :/

Actually, I did spot one instance of alignment matters.

The Paladin paragon path Astral Weapon's level 20 daily Astral Whirlwind gives a bonus if you use it to kill evil or chaotic evil creatures. I discovered that while statting up an evil paladin. :/

Wow, good catch there. Seems completely at odds with their design intents for alignment and the rest of the book as a whole. Maybe even evil paladins hate other evil creatures eh?

DemonLord57

First Post
Also, the Packmaster in Dragon 364. He has a good alignment pre-req. Since Wizards explicitly said they weren't going to have alignment pre-reqs anymore, (because they're stupid) people were understandably pissed at that. Astral Weapon isn't so bad, but I don't like alignment to have mechanical effects on your character. I advise ignoring any alignment pre-reqs they come out with. I know I'm going to.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads