• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All Bard All The Time...

Scribble

First Post
So a few of the players in my 4e game have a plan...

They want to in the near future attend a con, and show up for a 4e game all with some variation of the bard class. Each one would play a different instrument. (and probably multiclass into a different class as well.)

A roving "band" of adventurers...

I don't particularily agree with the hijacking of someone's random con adventure part, but the idea itself made me laugh.

darjr

I crit!
If a group like that showed up at an RPGA event I'd RUN to run the table. Get outta my way, that sounds like fun.

bh2

First Post
I think that would be a heck of a lot of fun and could likely result in decent party composition too. I'm not sure which I'd like more, joining the band or running a game for them!

weem

First Post
I played such a game in a one-off. We had some people gone (2 of the 6 players) so the 4 of us put together 4 bards, multi-classed to cover the various roles as best we could.

We were in a traveling band (so the story went) and while we played music by day, we went on secret missions at night coordinated by our band manager. So the game started after finishing a show - backstage the band manager told us of a mission to go kill (oh yea, btw our missions were assassinations) a noble in this town. So, we snuck out the back after the show (it was night now) and had a skill challenge to avoid our fans in the streets and make it to the manor unseen.

We failed the challenge and were attacked by our fans (who turned out to be some custom-ish creatures in disguise). We killed them and made it to the manor - made our way inside and found him (he was under the impression we were coming to perform a special show for him). We fought him and his body guards, etc.

Anyway, it was a blast :p

Remove ads