• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All PC Are Fused Into One (With MPD)

Kaodi

Hero
This is a kind of wacky idea for a campaign that I just thought of while thinking about solo games: Under the effects of a curse, all player characters are fused into one being who randomly comes under the control of their different personalities. Outside of combat they can choose which personality is in control (though they may at times get stuck with one at the DMs discretion, and some mechanic for disputes), but during combat the stress causes them to randomly switch personalities every round, and thus abilities. Or, alternatively, all personalities roll for initiative against each other and go in that order until everyone has gone once. The other thing is, while they may have a combined hit point total (that is probably really high), individual personalties can be killed by taking too much of the right kinds of damage; psychic for sure, maybe necrotic as well. I am not sure how you would deal with personalities dying, like maybe the curse will cause other potential characters to be absorbed from time to time, but I am sure some inventive way to deal with it could be arranged.

Aramax

First Post
Wow ,I really thought I was about the most OUT THERE DM,but I have to say this beats about90% of my wierdness!

When I read this I had an additional leval of wierdness for you:what if one controled each hand,the mouth and the legs all seperatly!(and no IM not kidding!)control of the varius parts could be random or they could fight over the left hand etc.

Good luck w/this idea I really want to hear how it worked in practice.

RSKennan

Explorer
I once ran a game where the characters were all parts of the same guy's personality. This is different, though. Very cool.

I like Aramax's idea of giving different characters control of different limbs.

I say treat the body sort of like a mech, and allow for the potential for the characters to trade off stations.

Sethvir

First Post
Two notes on this.

1) See Sailor on the Seas of Fate, the Elric novel by Michael Moorcock. Four of the Eternal Champions fused to one being. Don't remember the specifics now as I haven't read it in more than 20 years. I do remember their swords fused to one, but each personality was their but they acted with one purpose as I remember.

2) My first DM here in VA did something similar, under certain circumstances, we could fuse to one being. We each had our own initiative, but our combined abilities was something fearsome to behold. Again, I can't remember the specifics about what we did, but it was something similar to what you are proposing above. This was almost three years ago, when that campaign ended. My character in our fused being, bit the apple and destroyed the world. One of the characters was already a city unto himself, so we had far more personalities involved in the fused being beyond the 8 PC's we had. It ended up being very cool and very crazy.

I don't know if the DM is active on these boards anymore or not. I haven't looked for him on here lately. He'd probably remember more.

frankthedm

First Post
I had a similar idea to this one once, each PC is a intelligent magic item controlling its possessor. But if there are not enough victims to go around, they can double up on one user, "sharing" control and making the host much stronger, until more hosts are found.

Inspired by the Karla character from Record of Lodoss war.

Aeolius

Adventurer
The BBEG in my current campaign is Diadema, the Blackwater Hag. Animated by the forces of Blackwater, she is an unliving amalgamation of three hags; a sea hag blood magus, a salt hag (daughter of a night hag and sea elf), and the deathlock of a night hag. I used this image, for inspiration:
DB51037.jpg

The Nightmare
Now, envision a single hag with the power of a covey of three, capable of casting multiple spells simultaneously, and did I mention she is a bard?

Last edited:

Remove ads