• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All That Glitters... - your experiences?

Greenstone

First Post
Ran it for a group in 1988... set it in Greyhawk, during a 24-month campaign that had seen us play the Slave Lords series, Ghost Tower and a few other modules... I think we ended up in Tsojcanth, but never finished it.

Could never understand why All That Glitters wasn't presented as a Greyhawk adventure... the jungle, the passage through the mountains to the sea of dust, the lost civilisation, etc... it was so obviously Greyhawk that it just wouldn't fit anywhere else.

Ran it basically as is (except for setting it in Greyhawk), but added a Sea Princes settlement on the jungle coast, called Port Elizar, and made it have a "Spanish settlers ripping off the local natives" kinda feel... and I hadn't even heard of Maztica yet. I remember a great fight in the sleazy tavern there... tropical night, lotsa drinks and a Sea Princes bully having his way with a native serving girl... seem to remember lotsa table-overturning and beer mugs smashed over heads kinda fun.

All in all, went down very well... seem to remember a particularly fun battle on a cliffside above the jungles. I think I changed the ending so that the treasure hinted to in the title wasn't just a Decanter of Endless Water, but was a whole underground lake, guarded by ancient Suel undead... rest is unclear (it was 17 years ago!)

All in all, my fave TSR adventure after Saltmarsh... which is still unbeatable in my books... since I've run it, or versions of it, several times.

ptolemy18

First Post
Wow, I forgot about this module... this one would be perfect to adapt into my AFRICAN ADVENTURES game... (jungles, mountains, "sea of dust")...

I wonder if I can find it at the local game store...

Jason

Torpedo

First Post
I own this module. I still have it. I never ran it, but not because I didn't want to. I've read through it a number of times and thought it fantastic!

Jhaelen

First Post
I've run several of the UK modules - I've had no problem finding them here in Germany. I definitely remember playing this one and 'When a Star falls'. Both were great adventures - imho, noticably better than any of the US modules I've read.

Remove ads