ALL THE BRICKS - OOC

GlassEye

Adventurer
In light of this information on SINs and licenses, etc., I'll be making some more edits to Lum's gear. I will try to get it all finished today, completely finished, but it will be later this afternoon/evening before I can put the time in.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Post #78 updated with the latest and final (?) version of Rakesh/Lum. I just couldn't stare at equipment lists any longer.

TillForPie

First Post
The game thread is up! You can find it here. I'll have your Chummer sheets to you soon - you don't need to wait for those to begin playing. I'll have the NYS primer uploaded soon, too, which is a very brief description of the Sprawl and its boroughs and neighborhoods.

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION],

I'm about 80% of the way through Lum's character sheet and I'll tell you what, I don't blame you for not wanting to look at more equipment. The only notes I have so far are that you can simply remove the datajack from your sheet as one is included for free with the control and that autosofts are installed in drones, not the RCC. For now I'll assume everything else checks out and if I encounter problems when I pick up the verification process later we'll deal with it then.

Shayuri

First Post
There was some kind of formatting problem with the light blue GM box on the final post. It runs off the right side of the box, making some of the text unreadable.

In other news...

YAY! WE'RE STARTING! (^_^)

TillForPie

First Post
There was some kind of formatting problem with the light blue GM box on the final post. It runs off the right side of the box, making some of the text unreadable.
I'm not seeing any formatting problems but I've went ahead and gotten rid of the GM box.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I see what it is. The map of the train messes it up. The box is fine. Sorry!

When I open the map, it pushes everything off.

Okay, Otter's still in the host at this time. There's work still to do. The description makes me think the host hasn't spotted her yet, but it's probably running Patrol IC and looking for her.

First, how do we want to do die rolls? The onboard Enworld roller, or one of the online ones?

Second, does sending a quick message to the team's commlinks count as an action? It's not listed under Matrix actions. My gut says it's handled similarly to just talking IC (since she's in full VR and doesn't need to 'type' or anything), but I want to be sure.

Third, what does she know about the host's matrix attributes? I'm assuming she'd have cased the place before hacking in. :)

Finally...and again, I'm not sure where this falls on Matrix Actions...what would be involved with her looking up certain details of the train's operations? Specifically, the procedure for unlatching cars as well as any crash-safety systems the train is equipped with.

TillForPie

First Post
OK. Go ahead and post an introduction in the game thread. I need to know where Otter is in the car and (in brief) what she has on her.

The train's host has a rating of 4. This means its attributes are going to be 4, 5, 6, and 7. Otter doesn't know for sure which attributes have which scores but it's likely to have a high Data Processing and Firewall with low Attack and Sleaze. The host is currently running a single Patrol IC, which hasn't yet spotted Otter (it's making a Perception check every 1d6 rounds, as described on page 86 of Data Trails). Even if the host hasn't noticed anything wrong yet it's going to be alerted at any moment by outside forces so Otter should expect more Patrol IC incoming. They will find her, given time. An investigating spider will accelerate that.

To send a message through the Matrix you'd use the aptly-named Send Message action, described on page 242. You can send text, audio (don't ask how - just run with it!), images, and other files. You can communicate with your team more-or-less as if you were using a comm normally, except for the increased time it takes - one of the weaknesses of being in a different plane of existence I guess. The recipients will need to have their comms turned on with a SIN plugged in, though of course they can be running silent.

To search for information you'd use the Matrix Search or Matrix Perception actions, described on page 241. The book says that a Matrix Search in a host always takes 1 minute, which is of course absolutely bananas in situations like this. We'll have it take a complex action, like Matrix Perception, with a threshold to be determined based on the general availability of the information. I'll use the longer time requirement if you're ever snooping for super secret stuff in a megacorporation's host. A Matrix Search will not show you where a specific icon is. Matrix Perception will let you find the icons (for example - Otter's got marks on the icons controlling pathing and speed). So, as another example, if you used Perception to find the emergency brake icon you could immediately hack it and activate it, but without the Search you wouldn't find out under what conditions it might activate on its own.

I'll be making the rolls using an online roller. You can feel free to suggest dice pools when you're describing what actions you're taking but I'll be making the actual rolls. I know it's not the most efficient way of doing it - sorry! I have no problem using a roller that would allow me to make player roll logs accessible to you guys.

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
Also, about Edge! The only way to use Edge in this game is with Push the Limit (which has to be done before a roll) and Dead Man's Trigger. Edge can also be burned. This obviously makes Edge a bit weaker - to make up for it, you get an additional die when using Push the Limit.

I'll include this along with other notes when I get a chance to restructure the first post of this thread later tonight or tomorrow.

Mosier

First Post
That's a hell of an intro, TFP!

A note for everyone - after an offline conversation with TFP and some clarification about how I resist drain (for some reason I thought I resisted with MAG instead of WIL) I shuffled a couple of Herald's attributes around. Herald has 1 less LOG and REA, and 2 more WIL. This was all with TFP's blessing, as no actual dice have been rolled yet. Sorry for the last minute change!

TillForPie

First Post
Shayuri said:
Oh, one other thing. You've mentioned that Otter can slow the train down, and change its direction. I'm assuming that this is done wirelessly. So even if a particular car of the train is no longer physically attached to the train, she can still use the Host to change its speed and direction. This will become very important, very soon, so do let me know if this assumption is inaccurate. :)
Beautiful.

Most of your assumptions (throughout your post) are accurate. I've been purposefully not detailing everything until everyone's posted and I can start with initiative so as not to overwhelm everything in (even more) walls of text. Suffice it to say - fear not, I'll be providing lists of visible icons, the marks you have on them, and a description of the (virtual) physical layout of the host once we're ready to move on.

Remove ads