ALL THE BRICKS - OOC

Mosier

First Post
Thanks for the review. I missed that line about holdouts and accessories. Makes sense!

I'm not sure I have enough cash to buy the chip for my vehicle. if so, I'll buy it now before the game starts. Otherwise it'll have to wait until between runs.

Mosier

First Post
Due to connection lag, this post duplicated my post from about half an hour ago. Nothing to see here. Please move along!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Till, I have a question about the costs for submersion/initiation. The book lists the karma cost for initiation as 10 + Gradex3. Thus, the first rank is 13 karma, the second is 16, and so on. This price is listed both on the karma cost table for character advancement as well as in the section on Initiation in the Magic chapter.

Submersion isn't listed on the karma cost table, but the Technomancer section of the Matrix chapter lists the cost of Submersion as 10 x (Gradex3). So, 30 karma for the 1st grade, and 60 more for the second, and so on.

I feel...like this cannot be right. One of these costs is wrong. :) The costs of magic versus technomancy is, in all other ways, roughly the same (4 karma per complex form as opposed to 5 karma per spell, but if anything technomancy is cheaper in that case...not more than twice as costly).

I'm going to check errata, but I wanted to run this by you for a ruling as well, just to be safe, so I know what I'm getting into here. :)

TillForPie

First Post
I've looked into it and while it isn't corrected in the official Errata, the cost is listed as 10 + [Grade x 3] (the same cost as Initiation) in the French version of the SR5 rulebook. The 10 x [Grade x 3] formula is almost certainly the result of a typo and we'll be using the same formula as Initiation.

Shayuri

First Post
Whew. Thanks.

Reading the Shadowrun forums as a prospective Technomancer is scary enough without having to pay that much karma for submersion. ;)

TillForPie

First Post
Hah yeah, technomancers can get a lot of flack. But this isn't shaping out to be a highly optimized team and balance with other PCs is the only kind of balance that really matters. You'll be all right.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...well, I perhaps unwisely raised Agility and Reaction to 4...I could have thrown those points into Charisma and started with a fair Attack stat in the Matrix.

I dunno. Maybe that's what I should be doing. I didn't want to be helpless in meatspace, but that's what a team is for, right? :)

Or maybe I should invest in a drone after a couple of runs to watch my back...

Many options. Must consider them.

Rubberneck

First Post
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been sent out of town for training with my new job. So I don't have access to my character sheet or any of that sruff. Most likely I will be home Friday. There is a chance they keep me longer as I need to apprehend a certain amount of people to get certified. I work Loss Prevention, it's basically Security.

Remove ads