• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

all things orcish

Rakusia

First Post
So im running an orc goblin evil campaign. my player running the orc is wanting to learn more about orcish society but the books and dndwiki has very few finer details on their society and stuff. so i came on here wondering is any of you would know of a place third party is ok that goes into greater detail

jasper

Rotten DM
Or create your own society. Ex the Elbow Orc clan in MorriusLand, make a ritual of smash the elbows of any elf captured or killed.

Ragmon

Explorer
I'm a huge fan of the Orkish race, my srlf, and I am really dissapointed with the lack of content for orks in D&D in general. So, that is why I use the handy-dandy Warhammer 40k wiki, for all my ork needs. And yea I do spell it with a "K", every time we encounter orks in our campaigns I make the DM do the cockney accent every time.

Here are some advice on how to role-play an ork:
- Shout, swear, be brutal, be sudden, talk in a cockney accent,
- If some one insults you kill the guy at the earliest convenient time depending on your alignment and mental scores. But its always either right on the spot, right on the spot just as insulter is trying to walk away in a smug manner, and in a rare case just a bit later when he is taking a piss alone.
- Gauntlets are not just a part of heavy armor they are weapons too, and the DM always forgets to take it away unless he mentions it in specificly, or says "all your stuff" or "everything".
- NEVER EVER SAY YOUR SORRY! An ork would rather die then say he is sorry.

Just some stuff on how I play mah orks.

I say let him come up with his own thing. If he doesn't want to worship Grummsh, why not? Want to be part of a shaman, nature spirity tribe? Go for it! It's his character, so let him (her) go with what they want.

Heck, my current half orc worshipped the party's warmage as a goddess because she could summon flame without flint or tinder!

Also, you can check out the Dungeon Bastard Guide to Racial Profiling: Half Orc Edition!

Ragmon

Explorer
"Orcs are without a doubt miserable beings and are mostly skilled in destruction"

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Orcs

Found this one too...

http://www.orcs.ca/

Sorry Rgard I don't wish to insult you in any way, this is aimed at Tolkien.

Now, completely disregard Tolkien's orks (the first link), they are flat, un-interesting and only exist for hero fodder in the books.
As for the second link, I read some of the stuff from that site and it had a heavy Tolkien influence.
Your friends is better of reading Warcraft orc lore for info.

Post #5's Fury in the Wastelands is a great book and well detailed look into ork society, Skraag: City of Orcs is an interesting book too for extra ork info.
Or The Slayer's Guide To Orcs.

And its orks people not orcs. :D
Orks+Demotivational.jpg

Remove ads