• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Allowing saves feat to stack, great fortitude ect.

Sravoff

First Post
Any one ever have great fortituse and other feats that increased saves stack with themselves? So you could have an afile fighter or a head strong rogue? Perhaps these feats cannot increase poor saves higher than good saves? Or something simimlar. This is another one of my make d20 classes more custimizable threads so...

-Jue Eddervant

Crothian

First Post
in a game where feats are hard to come by, I'd allow it. If someone wants to spend to feats to get one save +4, go for it.

Dimrei

First Post
Well Its an interesting concept but if you went with multiple feats (as in a feat a level or something) you'de definatly have to not allow it to go over the highest save. Other wise a fighter could just stack up those iron wills or lightning reflexes and make them selves stallwart against anything. But if you went with the standard a feat at first and every three levels, then ya I guess it would work just fine.

ARandomGod

First Post
Dimrei said:
Well Its an interesting concept but if you went with multiple feats (as in a feat a level or something) you'de definatly have to not allow it to go over the highest save. Other wise a fighter could just stack up those iron wills or lightning reflexes and make them selves stallwart against anything. But if you went with the standard a feat at first and every three levels, then ya I guess it would work just fine.

You know, I'd even let the fighter stack 'em up as high as he wanted. I rarely see any of those feats used even once, I find it difficult to imagine that it would be an actual power play to stack them, which would by necessity require that they be taken more than once. (shudder)

Sravoff

First Post
I wouldn't want them higher than say a monk could get with one of those feats. Though I like the idea of building and changing classes through gamplay.

-Sravoff

Sejs

First Post
Sravoff said:
I wouldn't want them higher than say a monk could get with one of those feats.

Question - why not? In any individual category a monk is on the same level with any other class that has good saves of that type. A monk has the advantage in that it's good at everything, saves-wise, but what reason would there be to have what a monk can do serve as a glass ceiling? I don't get it.

Sravoff

First Post
Sejs said:
Question - why not? In any individual category a monk is on the same level with any other class that has good saves of that type. A monk has the advantage in that it's good at everything, saves-wise, but what reason would there be to have what a monk can do serve as a glass ceiling? I don't get it.
Beacuase the current saves are made for gameplay issues. If every's will save is really high then spells get reduced effect. This would just allow others to "catch up" to a monk with each of the saves feats. Otherwise DC's have to increase alot....

-Sravoff

IndyPendant

First Post
There are almost always only two times the save-bonus feats are ever taken: 1) PrC prereqs, and 2) a Fighter taking Iron Will cuz he gets a bazillion feats and wants to gain a bit of a boost there.

I've upped the save feats to +3 in my campaigns. *shrug*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads