Alluria Publishing Not Fullfilling their Kickstarter Obligations

ahayford

First Post
Many months ago, I decided to support a small indie publisher who's campaign setting won an enie award.

Cerulean Seas by Emily Kubisz — Kickstarter

The Cerulean Seas book looked to have a unique setting and some really cool art, so I threw down the money for a printed copy of the setting. The PDF copies of rewards went out not long after the KS was complete. I was under the impression from the KS that the printed copies of the existing Campaign Setting existed, and the money was to help generate funds for future product....unfortunately this was mistaken.

Several months went by and finally an email came out saying they were working on finding a printer for their book (which I believed to exist). Several months later, after I emailed them...I was told we'd hear at the end of August. It is now, mid September.

I'm under no illusion that this post will do anything, or that I'll ever see the book or the money I pledged to get it. I'm fine with it, it was Kickstarter and I knew what I was getting into. But I will not be purchasing any of Alluria's future products (If the company even still exists) and I place this here as a cautionary tale for others.

For a product that I know already exists, there is no excuse for not getting the printed copies out in a timely manner. Or at the very least, keep your backers informed.

-Andrew Hayford

Last edited:

Remove ads