Ally of the Leaf & Branch PrC (have YOU hugged a tree today?)

Quetzocoatl

First Post
You know what I ment

Good work, Ill keep an eye out for more of your stuff...

That I did :). I have quite a few hombrewed PrCs that haven't seen this board, so I'll probably be posting others soon.

I like it as well, probably going to try it for a druid circle IMC.

However I see it mainly as a NPC class, you got to have a very special campaign to make this playable as a PC.

You're right that this is mainly an NPC class. I did, however, put that clause at the end of the oath to justify adventuring allies.

Thank you both! :)

nameless

First Post
The only thing I'd change is the Strong Tree ability. Even a 30 wisdom, 10th level Ally of the L&B can only do this ability for 100 rounds (10 minutes), while logging takes place over the course of hours and days. As written, I see it as something to intimidate loggers, since they can just wait it out for a few minutes and finish chopping. If I were to rewrite it, I'd give it a duration of 1 hour/PrC level and uses per day scaling with level up to 3 or 4.

Between the higher duration and scaling DR, a high level Ally would actually be able to prevent logging in his forest, unless the loggers have +5 axes for some reason.

-nameless

Malachai_rose

First Post
the PRC looks really cool, my only uggestion might be to let them continue to increase their druidic speel casting ailities by replacing the new spell progression table they are on and either progressing them +1 caster level per PRC level or +1 caster level every other caster levl. This seem fair as the abilities while strong are not overly so and in fact somewhat weaker than the base abilities a normal druid would evntually get so the retention of their Druid spell progression at +1 caster level per PRC level seems good. Anyways thats my only idea :D I like the idea for the class and the abilities are cool, hopefully you will post some more of your home PRC's here for everyone to check out :)

ps. If you wanted to check out my PRC and give any ideas or input I would really appreciate it, thnx

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3547

Malachai "Benito" Rose
Hero of the Vilhon Reach

Quetzocoatl

First Post
nameless:

I agree with you that the duration for strong tree is too short. I'll be sure to buff it up.

Malachai_rose:

I wanted to give them their own spell list to help keep the flavor of the class.

Thank you both for your comments, and I'm glad you like the class!

Remove ads