• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alt Familiars (Staff)

melkoriii

First Post
I remember reading someplace rules for a Staff as your Familiar. But I cant remember where it was.

Anyone have something like this?

Yair

Community Supporter
No, but I'm looking for some :D

There is a thread about staffs that does something similar, but it's in addition to and not instead of familiars. It also isn't quite what I want...

Another way of doing things is to follow Monte Cook's Magister class (in Arcana Unearthed), but his replaces the spellbook more than the familiar.

I think granting one Feat is a given, at 1st level. The staff should also increase in hardness and hp with levels. And at higher levels, it should give some more benefits - but here I'm at a loss...

So, still waiting for some genuine rules on the matter :D

LeifVignirsson

First Post
If you are looking for alternate rules regarding familiars, I would suggest getting your hands on Mongoose Publishing's Familiars book. Great resource for characters who do not want to have familiars and/or exotic familiars.

melkoriii

First Post
LeifVignirsson said:
If you are looking for alternate rules regarding familiars, I would suggest getting your hands on Mongoose Publishing's Familiars book. Great resource for characters who do not want to have familiars and/or exotic familiars.

Does it have anything on haveing a item (staff) be your familiar?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads