• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alt. Universe, PoLed Gods from...

The Ubbergeek2

First Post
I need some ideas in my brainstorming. I am using a somewhat Conanesque design model, and takes ideas all around from my world, including FR (along others) stuff. And gods. Alternate universe versions, so to speak.

(Yes, I never was very too creative... except a taste and talent for remixing and such.)

The ones that come to my mind now are Eilistraee and Moander. I know.

What I want to make is.... For Eilistraee, it's to 'de-focus' her from Drow, not anymore a 'saviour of drow' goddess, but keep a certain esoterism goodness (or Unaligned) to her, dancing, hunting, etc. Maybe an Exarch of the Moon Goddess Sehanin-etc, albeit not necesarly daughter of Corelion, to make this point. And her look would be more ghostly, less drowish, like... a fey spirit, ironicaly looking eladriny creepy maybe...

I have less ideas for Moander. He was an interesting god to me, and I'd use it as an ancient being, horrifying.. But now, in PoL model, maybe he don't fit much as a god, and more a... Primordial, or Demon?
And would be the same as the SLim demon lord Jubilex and the FR god-something who is equivalent?

Saint Cuthbert, going to another campaign setting - GH - would be an exarch of another god probably now, if he was Alternate Universe-ed to PoL. Which PoL god fit him more, Erathis maybe?

And I have also non-classic polytheist religions in the mix, to complexify things... Elishar and Toldoth from the Gods and something, 3,0 'gods books', dualistic religion. I made in the game world it a Dualist religion inspired by Persian stuff, and some aspects of Eberron (Silver flamme..)... But I a wondering where the Principles of Darkness and Light would slot in a PoL cosmology and multiverse...

Any ideas and reflections for me?

Nullzone

Explorer
Moander would most likely be a demon imo. He's too one-dimensional to be a deity (though he could easily pass himself off as one to intimidate some lesser race). Same with Jubilex.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I'd make Eilistraee an archfey exarch of Sehanine, "Moander" another name for the demon Juiblex, and St Cuthbert an exarch of Erathis.

Remove ads