• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternative methods of setting creation

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Yeah, have you checked out the Dinotopia books yet? There was even a mini-series I think. Sounds exactly like what you are talking about...

Pelwrath

First Post
Alternate worlds/History

What about alternate worlds. I know that TSR made some alternate world versions for Roman Empire(I have a world doing this) and another whose name escapes me about the renisance Europe and the Thirty Years war.
Many Fantsy/Science Fiction books use this formate. This allows you to pick and chose what you want from history and from the game sysytem you use.

Woas

First Post
Oh I had a neat idea for an alternative method of setting creation.

So, long story short, sooner or later my current campaign, I'll just say a nice medieval fantasy setting, is going to end and I want to eventually start a new one up. I want something NEW! Like complete new genre. And the one I am thinking of is some sort of space/sci-fi game with lazers and space fighters. But other than Star Trek I really don't know much about any setting. I've seen each Star Wars movie once mostly cause I feel obligated, no idea what Babylon 5 or Battle Star Galactic is... so my answer: play a game of Galactic Civilizations 2. It's a great turned base Civ type game in space. I plan to use the events in the game to either create game history/setting (names of star systems and planets, etc) or plots themselves. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads