• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternative names for "Hit Points"

Alternative names for "Hit Points"

• Stamina

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Endurance

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Energy

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Power

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Vitality

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Essence

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Life

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Spirit

• Vigor

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Durability

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Resolve

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Anima

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Pneuma

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Ka

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Mortality

• Impact Points

• Defeat Points

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Victory Points

• Structural Integrity ;-)

• Don't change a thing...keep calling them "Hit Points"

Votes: 40 64.5%

samursus

Explorer
I picked Resolve for a couple reasons. Number 1, in 4e Resolve is a great descriptor for the abstract nature of damaging attacks from Psions to Warlocks to Bards to Warlords which can be described as "morale busters" along with physical damage. Number 2, is that my gf, new to RPGs, has repeatedly gotten "to hit" numbers, mixed up with "hit points".. after getting over my frustration at her inabiliity to remember what is , to me, a very obvious simple concept, I realized it is only that way because I have played since BECMI. I could totally see how an average new player, with so many new concepts and namesto learn, could get them mixed up.

StormingMarcus

First Post
Energy, Resolve and Vigor can do the work. Resolve might be better if you plan on having mental effects draining hit points; but also Vigor can represent bot mental and physical energy.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
My favourite would be "ScriptImmunity".

As you reach higher levels, your scriptimmunity is higher and you can last longer. Those poor 1st level guys have very little scriptimmunity, and as for the minions...

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Well...the thread this is linked to is by someone working on the e20 project...so, you're right, it wouldn't be D&D anymore. More than likely they would have some mechanical change. How much is what the thread was about.

I'm not involved with it, or helping out, or am even really super interested in e20...I was just interested by the thread, and thought a poll about the post could be fun.

Non-snark query: Did you read the post or any of the thread? (It's linked in the OP.)

:)
As regard to the linked thread, no I did not read any of it. No real interest but I like polls and reading poll threads.

Remove ads