• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternative Summoning Class (of Kobolds)

fnork de sporg

First Post
So my newest player wants a caster character that can summon kobolds and only kobolds. And only summon things. He wanted to have a list of different kinds of kobolds he can summon, like Kobold Ninjas or winged kobods, or kobolds carrying big bombs that run up to the enemy and detonate themselves.

Is there a summoner class that's at all similar to this? How would you do this? And what advice can you give me about running a game for such a character?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Look at the CRs of the Summon Monster spells and just build three kobolds of each level, including half-dragons, draconic kobolds, half-fiend (and half-celestial!) kobolds and so on. Give them classes and so on.

The character just sounds like a kobolophiliac conjurer to me. And good on him!

Urklore

First Post
Dragon Magazine #302 has variant summoning rules where it tells you what the CR ranges are for all the summoning monster spells. You could then use this to make the kobolds that can be summoned with each of the spells.

Remove ads