Aluminium dragon? Taupe* dragon? Oooh, oooh, Cheese dragon!

Darklone

Metals? I always wondered why there were alloyed dragons (Bronze, Brass).

Anyone who's bothered about D&D dragons: Take a look at the Sovereign Stone thingies.

Gez

First Post
* We Are Not Even Sure Taupe Is A Colour.

Taupe means "mole" (the mammals who make molehills, not the mini-skin-cancers) in French.

Used in English, it's a color (that of mole fur).

Gez

First Post
Metals? I always wondered why there were alloyed dragons (Bronze, Brass).

Anyone who's bothered about D&D dragons: Take a look at the Sovereign Stone thingies.

Especially given that bronze and brass are synonyms. Both terms design the same alloys...

It can be explained by the fact they choose only noble metals (gold, silver, copper, bronze were used for jewelry and coinage, brass has a different symbolical meaning than bronze, of resilience and stuff). There's no iron or lead dragon (at least in the core 5 metallic). And the Platinum Dragon is their god.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I'd have to agree with the too many dragon types idea. Added to the standard metalic/chromatic/gemstone mess are the shadow, deep, fang, brown and song dragons from the Forgotten Realms; and the mercury dragon as well.

hong

WotC's bitch
Dirigible said:
Ok, so taking the opposite tack...

What other metals and colours haven't they done?

* The Laser Red dragon. Lives in the mountains of Ferraros.
* The Beige dragon: Lame, yet gross.
* The Technitium dragon: A highly unstable wyrm that can exist only for short periods. Created by research whyzicists.
* The Francium dragon: Sadly, extinct due to exploding. A lot.

Actually, a whole tribe of Lanthanide dragons would be neat.
Actinide, baby. Imagine a plutonium dragon!

Hong "now THAT'S a weapon of mass destruction" Ooi

Wippit Guud

First Post
Yeah... and what with this 3000 different types of snakes, or 27,300 types of fish... we should go out and kill most of these to prevent confusion...

Edit: yes, this is just a joke, don't rip my head off.

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
Wippit Guud said:
Yeah... and what with this 3000 different types of snakes, or 27,300 types of fish... we should go out and kill most of these to prevent confusion...

Right on!

And IMO Dragons based on the four elements just make infinetely more sense than Dragons based on colors! :rolleyes:

Aeolius

Adventurer
Dirigible said:
...Verminthrax, the dragon from Dragonslayer lived in a swamp, breathed fire, and was a nasty gray-brown-green colour. So, what was it?

A half-red black dragon (Thank you, Savage Species) :D

Last edited:

Aeolius

Adventurer
Numion said:
And IMO Dragons based on the four elements just make infinetely more sense than Dragons based on colors!

I am envisioning blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile dragons...oh, wait, you didn't mean the four elements of the Ancient Greeks? :D

Since my campaign is set beneath the surface of the sea, I don't use most of the traditional dragons. Sure, the occasional bronze might be found by the sea. I also made dragon turtles and sea drakes "true" dragons (a half-fiend (myrmyxicus) sea drake or half-troll (scrag) dragon turtle, anyone?). The jury is still out, out the inclusion of OA dragons in my Greyhawk setting.

I added coral, pearl, and abalone dragons to enhance to the undersea flavor of my game. Their breath weapons are coralline algae, oyster shell shards, and cyanide respectively.

Last edited:

Remove ads