AMA Russ Morrissey (Morrus) (EN World, EN Publishing, ENnies, WOIN)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What is your favorite character concept you've ever played and why?

I'm quite enjoying Captain Agathe Drake, my elven musketeer Iconic for O.L.D. I even based a Pathfinder PC on her! In the latter game, she's spent nearly all her loot over 10 levels on one big gun; if she doesn't kill her target in the first round, she runs into trouble.... but she often kills her target in the first round. BOOOM!

She came out of O.L.D. when I was designing the Grand Elves. While I wouldn't exactly say they're innovative or inspired or anything, I enjoy the combination of Tolkein-esque serious elves with gunpowder. The image came from an idea of elven musketeers lined up in the rain standnig against a goblin horde. Half Zulu, half The Two Towers! We even made an audio thing of it:

[video=youtube;FE3BxQQ0rxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUaZ7ByBXPqZRg-Q-J-_0YEA&v=FE3BxQQ0rxU[/video]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What happened to your Doctor Who board? Do you ever miss it? Would you consider doing it again?

It never really took off. And I think the year is long gone when it was a good idea to start a new messageboard, unless you have a really strong niche of your own. Social networks have made it much harder to do anything like that any more.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any possibility of converting Zeitgeist to 5e???

There's no current plan to. It's an immense, incredibly expensive, multi-year undertaking. However, we are considering some kind of ZEITGEIST support in EN5ider, though we haven't fully settled on what that might be yet. First priority is finishing the existing AP (three adventures left!)

We've done two massive APs (WotBS and ZEITGEIST) but I think that'll be the last of those for us.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
I probably wouldn't answer the following, but since this is ask me anything ... (In other words, I'll totally understand if you say "no comment")

How is the site doing financially? Is it meeting your goals? Do adblockers and such have a significant impact?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I probably wouldn't answer the following, but since this is ask me anything ... (In other words, I'll totally understand if you say "no comment")

How is the site doing financially? Is it meeting your goals? Do adblockers and such have a significant impact?

It's doing fine! I don't have specific info on the effect of adblockers, though.

Remove ads