• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon.ca stories?

Lygah

First Post
I'm consider ordering the revised books off of the Canadian Amazon, as my FLGSs are not exactly friendly. I'm looking to see if anyone has any horror stories of late books or the like, just thought I should look into it before I put in an order.

Thanks Alot,
Lygah

Moulin Rogue

First Post
I live in a small town with no FLGS, and I didn't have any problem with amazon.ca in my three transactions so far... plus it sure is nice to order online within Canada so I don't take hits from both the U.S. exchange rate and then duty on top of that. All three of my orders were the "usually ships in 24 hours" kind and they all shipped the following business day.

I never ordered anything brand new, though I had my eye on Savage Species and the A&EG and noticed when they were just coming out they "usually shipped" in "1-2 weeks" or something like that (maybe 2-3) for a little while, before settling down to 24 hours as they both stand now.

CCamfield

First Post
I guess I've never actually ordered from amazon.ca. Chapters.indigo.ca once, and that was pretty good (although it wasn't gaming books).

There are a couple of other places one can do mail order from within Canada, like the Sentry Box in Calgary (www.sentrybox.com) and Le Valet d'Coeur in Montreal (www.levalet.com). I've ordered once from each of these places and the orders went well.

theT0rmented

Explorer
I've ordered from Amazon.ca 6 or 7 times, for D&D books and DVDs. I've never had any trouble at all. If the stuff I'm ordering is in stock, it only takes 2 days to get it (though I live in Ottawa and the warehouse is in Mississauga, IIRC). I did have to wait a couple of weeks for Savage Species, but other than that one it was only a couple of days wait. I didn't get any trouble either with billing; everything was properly done.

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
I've been very happy with Amazon.ca; happier than I've been with cyberdungeon.com. The lower right corner of my copy of modern was slightly crushed, but that's the fault of Canada Post dropping it, not Amazon.

Although I don't live in Canada, I have ordered from Amazon.ca a couple of times to get books that were not published in the U.S., but were available in Canada & the U.K. They shipped quickly, and I had them in 6-7 days, which is not usually the case with anything ordered from outside the U.S.

Alchemist

First Post
Lots of good suggestions here. I've ordered various things from chapters.ca, amazon.ca, and cyberdungeon.com. All my orders went well, shipped promptly and arrived about the time I was thinking to myself "That stuff I ordered should be here soon."

I've never ordered from Sentry Box, since that's my FLGS. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads