• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon delay notice :(

Nifft

Penguin Herder
My buddy ordered the gift set in early April. I ordered the same set in mid May.

His got delayed, mine have already shipped.

He's not a happy man. (He is buying the books from his FLGS instead.)

Cheers, -- N

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Grrr...

I preordered the gift set from Amazon.com on Febuary 7th and it is being delayed. And my local game store doesn't have any of the gift sets nor does my local Barnes and Noble.

Oh Great Gygax why did you abandon me? Do I not roll the dice every weekend? Do I not let the PCs die when it is their time?

Beckett

Explorer
I have an order placed on the 7th and another on the 8th of February, and I've now gotten the delayed message for both of them (first email came about 3am this morning).

I did flirt with the idea of ordering the books individually, but the MM and DMG come out to almost the same cost as the gift set, so I think I'm going to try to wait another week. I did grab a copy of the PHB yesterday with a 30% off coupon at Borders, so at least I can start KotS with player made characters.

fuindordm

Adventurer
I just got an e-mail saying "Sorry for the delay...but we're shipping soon. You should receive confirmation and a tracking number by the next business day."

So hopefully the delay won't be that bad. And I only pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago.

Ben

KB9JMQ

First Post
Luxury

I pre-ordered on March 6, the 3 core (individual not gift set) and KotS and my estimated shipping date is July 21st. WTH?
I am in northern Indiana not the North Pole. Grrrr.

ohGr

First Post
Man, i'm glad i canceled my Amazon preorder (from March) a few weeks ago and went with Barnes & Noble's site instead. Cheaper, and i got my books yesterday.

I had a feeling this would happen; i've had serious problems with preorders from Amazon before.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
WAHHHHHHHH!

My Amazon preorder from March is also delayed. I bought a copy of the PHB yesterday from B&N, but I want my box set!

Well, I guess it's good news for Wizards, anyway.

tylith

First Post
re

well i had the same problem, so yesterday i canceled the gift set and ordered them individually. and they have shipped, hopefully get them tuesday.

The price wasn't much more, b/c they books were on sale as well, the only problem was an increase in shipping for some reaason.... so the total is now $75

SoulsFury

Explorer
Mine changed over night from Not yet shipped to Shipping Soon with an estimate of June 13th. When that happened with KotS, turns out the item had already shipped and I got it the next day, so here is hoping they will be here on Monday!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads