D&D 5E Amazon has sale on some of the 5e books + buy 2 books and save 50% on 1 of the two.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I don't think Amazon cares about OneD&D.

More than likely, Amazon's probably just trying to clear old, slow/non-moving stock out of the warehouse.
Books that spend ten years in their top 500 aren't slow moving.

It's probably just that D&D is on the general public's minds and Amazon knows that it can grab that right now. Much of their sales decisions aren't even up to actual people.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
It's probably just that D&D is on the general public's minds and Amazon knows that it can grab that right now. Much of their sales decisions aren't even up to actual people.
This^

D&D is in the news and so Amazon is capitalizing on it. It may be someone consciously pulling the trigger or it might just be that the Google News alerts for Dungeons and Dragons hit a level where some bot decided it was time to make a sale (I suspect the former more than the latter - I don't think Amazon is nearly as automated as they want people to think they are when it comes to their sales operations).

I don't think this comes from Wizards slashing prices. This is Amazon making decisions for themselves.

Stormonu

Legend
What has me baffled is why Tomb of Annihilation is still holding it's price ($40) so well when just about everything else for D&D is so much cheaper - especially considering Curse of Strahd & Revamped, which are held in such high regard are almost half-off already.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
What has me baffled is why Tomb of Annihilation is still holding it's price ($40) so well when just about everything else for D&D is so much cheaper - especially considering Curse of Strahd & Revamped, which are held in such high regard are almost half-off already.
Likely the formula Amazon is using includes their own inventory numbers and what they can reorder. Maybe Tomb has fewer copies available at the distributor and is heading towards a new printing while the others are more easily restocked?

Clint_L

Hero
I would imagine that they have a post-X-mas glut of product on hand and algorithms are suggesting a sale. Good news for players, though!

Remove ads