• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

Mercurius

Legend
Bad news, maybe for many who haven't gotten theirs yet. I got an email from Amazon saying that the gift set is back-ordered and that they will ship it as soon as they get it. But they haven't changed the estimated shipping date of June 6th, so it could ship tomorrow or in a week or more. At least they gave me a $5 credit, but I'm thinking of cancelling ponying up for a 20% off PHB at my fairly LGS (they discount all D&D books).

So folks, it may be a wait. Whether an extra day or two, or a week or more remains to be seen.

reanjr

First Post
drothgery said:
I never had any expectation that an Amazon pre-order would ship on time, so I'm not disappointed.

I'm in the same boat. At least for me, Amazon has a terrible record of shipping on time. Especially on a pre-order. Especially on something steeply discounted.

reanjr

First Post
drothgery said:
Amazon doesn't charge you until your order ships. This is a Good Thing.

For most major credit card companies, it's a contractual obligation to not charge until you ship for items that are not in stock.

mearlus

Explorer
Mercurius said:
Bad news, maybe for many who haven't gotten theirs yet. I got an email from Amazon saying that the gift set is back-ordered and that they will ship it as soon as they get it. But they haven't changed the estimated shipping date of June 6th, so it could ship tomorrow or in a week or more. At least they gave me a $5 credit, but I'm thinking of cancelling ponying up for a 20% off PHB at my fairly LGS (they discount all D&D books).

So folks, it may be a wait. Whether an extra day or two, or a week or more remains to be seen.

When did you order your gift set? This is pretty disappointing. I really thought pre-orders would help them know how many they need to have in order to fulfill orders...

Mercurius

Legend
mearlus said:
When did you order your gift set? This is pretty disappointing. I really thought pre-orders would help them know how many they need to have in order to fulfill orders...

Not until May 28th, so there may be hope for you if you ordered much earlier ;). But I'm not sure if Amazon really "queues" the pre-orders by date, so who knows. I would think that if yours isn't on back order than it would have said "shipped" by now, if you had ordered standard shipping and not super saver.

The irritating thing is that the guy I spoke to on the phone said something like "oh, something popped up right now that one is on reserve for you" and that it should ship soon. Then I got the email, saying that it was back-ordered.

mearlus

Explorer
Mercurius said:
Not until May 28th, so there may be hope for you if you ordered much earlier ;). But I'm not sure if Amazon really "queues" the pre-orders by date, so who knows. I would think that if yours isn't on back order than it would have said "shipped" by now, if you had ordered standard shipping and not super saver.

The irritating thing is that the guy I spoke to on the phone said something like "oh, something popped up right now that one is on reserve for you" and that it should ship soon. Then I got the email, saying that it was back-ordered.

Hmm, I ordered on April 5th and it has always said estimated ship date of the 10th. Guess i'll find out. 54$ vs 105$ is quite a difference so I doubt i'll cancel in either case.

Mercurius

Legend
mearlus said:
Hmm, I ordered on April 5th and it has always said estimated ship date of the 10th. Guess i'll find out. 54$ vs 105$ is quite a difference so I doubt i'll cancel in either case.

I'm assuming you picked Super Saver shipping? I had that originally and it said June 10th, then I changed it to Standard and it said (and says, even now) June 6th--I'm moving and need to make sure I get it before I leave, or else cancel and re-order when I'm settled.

I put a gift set in the shopping cart of an alternate Amazon ID and it said "estimated shipping date June 16th-24th"--which is because of the back-ordering. So what remains to be seen is who among those who had pre-ordered missed the cut-off point. I'm guessing that us poor chumps who haven't received a shipping notification will have to wait. Buy.com anyone? ;)

If I find anything else out I'll let y'all know.

mearlus

Explorer
Mercurius said:
I'm assuming you picked Super Saver shipping? I had that originally and it said June 10th, then I changed it to Standard and it said (and says, even now) June 6th--I'm moving and need to make sure I get it before I leave, or else cancel and re-order when I'm settled.

I put a gift set in the shopping cart of an alternate Amazon ID and it said "estimated shipping date June 16th-24th"--which is because of the back-ordering. So what remains to be seen is who among those who had pre-ordered missed the cut-off point. I'm guessing that us poor chumps who haven't received a shipping notification will have to wait. Buy.com anyone? ;)

If I find anything else out I'll let y'all know.

Yeah, I cheaped out w/ the super saver ;) It usually takes 1-2 days to reach me from the shipping day from Amazon.

Remove ads