• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

drothgery

First Post
I just cancelled my preorder and ordered the books seperately; it looks like the DMG and MM have been dropped back to $20.97 like the PHB, so it's only costing me $6 or so (and that's only because I wrangled to get my pre-order discount back).

BooleanFlag

First Post
I just cancelled mine and ordered individually from amazon. There was a 13 dollar difference now that they are 20 a piece. This really blows, but I've got a game coming up and didn't want to wait. Still cheaper than anywhere else. Curse you amazon and your ridiculously low prices.

Mercurius

Legend
Zulithe said:
Has anyone had their gift set ship in the last few days? I mean, are they completey 100% out of them, or are they just saying it is 'sold out' because they are still filling orders with what stock they have remaining?

My gift set says it should ship by the 18th of THIS month. Given all that I'm hearing, I have my doubts that amazon will fulfill this. :(

I'll be honest, I was looking over the books at Borders on Friday. They look wonderful however I really think $35 per book is reeaaally stretching it (especially regarding the DMG). No way in hell am I going to pay retail. :p

I just got mine today. It shipped on June 11th via Super Saver shipping and was NOT a pre-order (It said that it would ship by June 23rd). Actually, I had pre-ordered on May 28th then cancelled when they pushed the date back, then re-ordered on June 7th. So for some reason I got my non-preorder on June 16th when tons of pre-orderers haven't gotten theirs yet. Dumb luck? Maybe. It could be that so many folks cancelled that they actually had a few to ship out and I got one of those. Regardless, I'm pleased.

BooleanFlag

First Post
Mercurius said:
I just got mine today. It shipped on June 11th via Super Saver shipping and was NOT a pre-order (It said that it would ship by June 23rd). Actually, I had pre-ordered on May 28th then cancelled when they pushed the date back, then re-ordered on June 7th. So for some reason I got my non-preorder on June 16th when tons of pre-orderers haven't gotten theirs yet. Dumb luck? Maybe. It could be that so many folks cancelled that they actually had a few to ship out and I got one of those. Regardless, I'm pleased.

This makes me angry. How does Amazon define "preorder" I wonder?

fuindordm

Adventurer
I live in France, and got my gift set today. It was pre-ordered May 23.

Interestingly, even though I paid in USD and ordered from amazon.com (not .uk or .fr) it was shipped from a warehouse in Germany.

Ben

Zulithe

Explorer
Mercurius: thanks. it does upset me though, because i preordered more than 3 months in advance. anyway, mine is scheduled to ship today or tomorrow at the latest. if they bump the date again, i'll just order them individually. I probably would have already canceled and done it that way sooner, but I guess I'm stubborn. :p

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
In the defense of the company I work for, we were sending the 4th edition books and sets out just about as fast as we were able to receive them. I don't think Amazon received all of the orders it was expecting from WOTC since WOTC sold out so fast.

Cirex

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
I am the OP. I got my DMG and MM from amazon yesterday. I'm done. :p

I am still an orphan. After a dozen e-mails, payment problems, shipping delays, my shipping says "06/16" and I'm still waiting for a new e-mail, be it payment problem or shipping or whatever.
Plus, I still haven't received the answer to my question of why have they been holding money for 8 days without my permission.

EDIT : Why, oh why, does amazon.com hates firefox.

Remove ads