• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon's trust in USPS

Turjan

Explorer
Some time ago, I had ordered the new WFRP tome from amazon, and obviously they've now sent my book out with USPS. Their trust in USPS's speed seems to be overwhelming, though:

Items shipped on April 15, 2005:
Delivery estimate: June 13, 2005 - June 15, 2005
1 package via USPS

Perhaps, they take the expression 'snail mail' literally now? Let's see whether they will be able to beat that :D!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yikes! :eek: Is it coming from someplace far? Do they not have it in stock?

That's crazy.

Crothian

First Post
For me they are either really slow or really fast. A few months back I ordered some books and got them a day before Amazon e-mailed me that they expected the books to arrive in two weeks. Yesterday I got some DVDs I had ordered a month previous and they took their good old time getting here.

Turjan

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Yikes! :eek: Is it coming from someplace far? Do they not have it in stock?

That's crazy.
It's coming from Nevada to Arizona :D. And it has already been shipped.

The problem may be that the temperatures have gone up. The snails will dry out pretty often, and they will have to replace them :D.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
:lol: It'd be faster if they rode a bicycle.
Or cast Expeditious Retreat! Maybe since snails are oozy, they can try to convince their DM that they qualify for the ooze-related speed power that lets Crothian post so fast :D

Jdvn1

Rystil Arden said:
Or cast Expeditious Retreat! Maybe since snails are oozy, they can try to convince their DM that they qualify for the ooze-related speed power that lets Crothian post so fast :D
That Cro-power only gives the target a Post Speed, it doesn't increase other forms of movement. I think snails are so low a CR that they don't get any spellcasting/manifesting anyway.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
That Cro-power only gives the target a Post Speed, it doesn't increase other forms of movement. I think snails are so low a CR that they don't get any spellcasting/manifesting anyway.
A Post Speed. Exactly. I guess you didn't fully get my pun? Think about it again ;)

Edit: It was a bad pun anyways :D

Jdvn1

Rystil Arden said:
A Post Speed. Exactly. I guess you didn't fully get my pun? Think about it again ;)

Edit: It was a bad pun anyways :D
Sigh. Yeeah. Crothian as a postal worker would be scary. No one on EN World needs shotguns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads