• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amber DRPG PBEM: Ebony

alice_of_ebony

First Post
Hiya!

I'm looking for players for a new game of Ebony, an alternate Amber PBEM.

Email me for setting information. I'll also finish preparing the information about the pregame process Real Soon Now.

Characters will be children of Titania, Empress of Ebony, brought up through wars and strife to regard all of reality as theirs by right of blood. Titania has ruled throughout recorded history. Suddenly she's not around any more. What happens next?

Ebony is not quite a Throne War. 'Not quite' because roleplaying is important. This game isn't about who wins the throne, it's about playing the characters (some of whom will try to win the throne) in the setting. Conflict drives character, and a throne war has whole armies worth of conflict. After all, this is the concept behind the original Amber books.

I'm looking for characters who will fit the setting: characters willing to strive to reach their goals, characters willing to take on a bit of conflict.

Don't send me pages of backstory. Don't send me any statistics or mechanics. All this will be worked out in the extensive pregame period.

What I do want is a 1 paragraph concept outline, something that grabs me and tells me your character must be in this game. As Wujcik says, dream up the best character you can imagine.

Also tell me who you want your father to be, your description (which should indicate your parentage), and between one and four Houses or Rim Shadows you have some sort of relationship with, friendly or otherwise. Give me a one-line description of each relationship. You can make up additional Rim Shadows (but not Houses) to those in the setting document.

In a very few days I'll finish the pregame description, followed by mechanics info. On the weekend of September 20-21 I'll decide which characters will be in the game, and we'll start playing shortly afterwards. I estimate the pregame process will take the rest of the year.

See you in Ebony!

Alice
alice_of_ebony@yahoo.com
September 6, 2003

alice_of_ebony

First Post
more char. concepts needed

Hiya!

I'm spruiking for more people to check out Ebony and consider sending me a character concept before September 21. There's already been a whole bunch of cool concepts sent in, so the bar is set high. I am looking for concepts in specific areas to round out the probable group.

Ebony is an alternate Amber PBEM in a Throne War setting. We're using the ebony-rpg@yahoogroups.com mailing list, and you can check out the archives and download setting-related material from the site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ebony-rpg. The files area there has setting, pregame, mechanics information and so on. Or email me direct.

At the moment we are lacking in applications where the character wants to be the best at one-on-one-combat, whether sword, or fist, or both. And one or two who have military force as central to their design would be nice as well.

One of the features of Ebony is that the traditional Amber Auction has been extended into a lengthier group character generation process with various components.

For example, the various Royal Offices will be not be Auctioned off, but Elected in a Survivor-style process, complete with immunities gained from the PCs competing for Queen Titania's approval. You get immunities and approval through role-played actions which become part of your backstory.

Alice

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads