• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ambitions of a Rogue - Ongoing Advisory Thread

severed_ronin

First Post
I am currently playing a drow rogue who walked out of the World's Largest Dungeon at Level 15 with two of his companions and walked damn near straight into the World's Largest City. The reason I'm setting this thread up is so that each time his ambition kicks in (which is when I decide I want a new shiny or ability) I'm going to consult the wisdom of the sages (that is to say - you). As background on my character, I have posted a large amount of my character sheet on my profile so please refer to that before you ask any questions or give your suggestions. All three of our characters are what can be considered overpowered and/or optimized but the DM welcomes the challenge.

We currently entered the World's Largest City and I'm looking to make a few large transactions of magical value following my purchase of one of the manors whilst still letting the original owners reside there. My ideas are as follows:

1) Have two of the Hydra Fangs turned into scimitars (need to pick up the Twin Sword Style feat from the Forgotten Realms) and enchanted. I figure make them +3 Twin Hydra Fang Scimitars w/ a couple enchantments. My ideas for weapon enchantments were Blurstrike and the Complete Adventurer variant of Deadly Precision that is a +2 cost rather than +1. Opinions!

2) Have my Thighbone Back Scratcher imbued possibly with a permanent Animate Objects.

3) Have a number of spells made permanent on myself by the most powerful wizard I can find. (Tongues, Arcane Sight [slightly hesitant about the glowing blue eyes], Resistance, any others?)

4) Forge a few of my magic items together via an artificer or magic workers of some sort. For example, combining my Scarab of Protection +6 with my Bracers of Endless Daggers to create a sort of +6 Bracers. Also looking to have my boots imbued with Spider Climb so I can retire the Drider Belt.

I'll come up with more ideas later but for now these are what I have. Open forum now!

Remove ads