• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ambitious campaign idea, need some opinions

SurfMonkey01

First Post
I'm planning on running a SW SAGA edition campaign for my group soon. What I'm looking at doing is kind of a generational campaign. Not "generational" in the idea that "each character is related to another," although that is an option if they desire. Instead, more the idea of a story that flows through the eras (but hopefully isn't as lame as the comic crossover "Vector"). Here's what I've got so far, I need to know how it sounds and if anyone has any suggestions/better ideas...

Knights of the Old Republic era: no ideas yet, other than we all really want to do this era.

Clone Wars era: for this era, I may "suggest" that they play Clones and/or Jedi, just to get the feel of the era. As for plot, it won't seem as connected to the overall arc, but there will be some encounters with a kind of evil-ish corporation I want to do more with later.

Dark Times era: more with the evil corporation, and maybe some fun with Black Sun and Prince Xizor. Also, a story about the Droid Force Project (better name pending), which is Palpatine's attempt to re-create the Force-using (literal) machine that is Vader, but without all that pesky free will and ambition.

Rebellion era: may skip this one for now, since it's the one that everyone always uses.

Undecided whether I'll be any New Republic/Galactic Alliance era stuff. If I do, it'll likely be Yuuzhan Vong invasion timeframe.

Legacy era: will do the most here, I think, since it's so open and unlike the rest. May "suggest" they play Imperial Knights for the different viewpoint. Main plot here: the discovery of the remains of the first Death Star, lost in a place between hyper and normal space, where somewhat crazed descendants of the original crew, as well as other weirdnesses, still reside. And there's that mysterious mechanical breathing sound...
(this is all yoinked from the "Death Star as a setting" thread and just moved to the Legacy era to really throw my players off when they encounter it)

That's the general gist of what I have so far. How does it sound? Workable, or should I scrap it all and start over? I appreciate any help anyone can offer, cause I think my ambitions are just a bit ahead of my ability at this moment...

Oh, and one more thing. The current plan is to jump back and forth between the eras, not necessarily do them sequentially. This will serve to help forge any generational ties and explain connected plot points better, I think.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I would like to hear more about that overall plot. What is it all about? But that does sound like a neat idea. I'm not quite sure about jumping back and forth, but I might change that opinion if I learn more about the plot itself.

Remove ads