• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

American Idol-sheesh!

Mystery Man

First Post
Dimwhit said:
:D :D

Hey, please do. I would totally deserve any comment made. I'm a glutton for punishment, I think. Or just really stupid... :)
Well, according to Randy Jackson....

What kills me is the look of frustration on the judges faces when all their manipulation tactics don't seem to be swinging the votes the way they want. The stunned look on their faces is small compensation when you see someone you like having to go bye-bye.

I doubt very much if I'll watch this show next year.

Sarigar

First Post
That was the funniest show yet. I laughed my butt off.
Sub-par singers who will get a career where otherwise no one would tough them. There are reasons the "industries" are tough to break into. That goes for music, film, purlishing, and any other professional art business.

Sirius_Black

First Post
NeoSamurai said:
Or it could be the fact that Simon and co. who disliked Jasmine's performances (and they have ragged on her despite her being more marketable and a decent singer--though not all around-- than the other candidates) are totally out of touch with the 12-19 year old girl demographic who voted for Jasmine.

Is that the same group that made Justin from Season One so popular? If so, boy, they sure stuck with him when it was time to buy his record.

Henry

Autoexreginated
My take was that JASMINE should have been the one to go; not only has she consistently been the poor singer of the 12 (atonal in high ranges, unable to hit certain notes, and generally poor timing and stiffness in performance), her performance was VERY off-kilter this week compared to the other singers. I would have expected Diana DeGarmo to go before Latoya.

Fantasia if you want to get down to pure abilities of tone and style is really the best singer of the four. She can do ANY music style they set before her. Latoya is second best in my opinion, with Diana a close third, if not a tie for second-best performer.

Why Jasmine is there I really don't know - but I seriously doubt she will be after next week. Once you get to the final three, the crowds tend to polarize and kick off any who got there due to good luck and popularity. There are many parallels between Jasmine T. and Nikki McKibbin from first season - Nikki was clearly the weaker singer of the top 6, but she made it to the top 3 in an amazing display of luck.

Mystery Man

First Post
George Huff should have gone all the way. Sometimes I think they choose categories they know different singers will suck at just to get rid of them. I guess its good to shake loose some of the bad ones but there's just no way I could see George making his career from big band songs. When he got voted off my enthusiasm for the show went pfft.

NeoSamurai

First Post
Sirius_Black said:
Is that the same group that made Justin from Season One so popular? If so, boy, they sure stuck with him when it was time to buy his record.

Or it could be from the fact that because Teenage girls selected him. That market group is very fickle in regards to what is "in" and what is not. Additionally, during season 1, a lot of the voters probably came from adults voting due to the novelty of the star search atmosphere with mass audience participation.

Since then, cell phones have also become more prevalent in younger groups.

Still, I'm gonna have to say those who voted in Season 1 soon had different tastes in what was "in" soon after.

Sirius_Black

First Post
NeoSamurai said:
Or it could be from the fact that because Teenage girls selected him. That market group is very fickle in regards to what is "in" and what is not.

Now that I can more than agree with. Sigh, what's wrong with the youth of today's nation that overlooked From Justin to Kelly at the box office?

Am I correct that of those left this season, the oldest is 19 year old Fantasia? If so, won't this season have the youngest American Idol ever?

Remove ads