• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ammunition and Thrown Weapons Counter

jasper

Rotten DM
I have better Idea. Chips and cookies. You only allowed so many. When you shoot them, you have a 50% of them breaking. So the DM eats them. If you eat them, then you are out of ammo.

niklinna

satisfied?
I have better Idea. Chips and cookies. You only allowed so many. When you shoot them, you have a 50% of them breaking. So the DM eats them. If you eat them, then you are out of ammo.
You have less worry about crumbs and grease stains with m&ms, but since my group of old used those for monster minis, there could be some confusion. Also it was the player who killed the monster who got to eat the m&m, so the DM might not like that.

buffyouup

Villager
I made a javascript-based pretty little utility to automatically track ammunition but it's part of a whole digital character journal I built (195-page PDF). If you guys would like to try it out I can extract it from the journal and share it here.

Here's how it works: It's a PDF that can run on your tablet, phone or computer and there's a section where you add weapons and ammunition to your inventory via an "Add" button, entering all item details etc., and the item is populated in your inventory automatically. Then you go the equipment section where these items and their details are to be automatically generated once equipped, so you click a weapon - say, a bow - to be equipped, and then click a dropdown menu to choose what ammunition to load into the weapon, and then simply press "Shoot" to fire. With each press of the button, one unit of the ammunition is depleted from the inventory. Goodbye to ammunition counting.

aco175

Legend
A long time ago when we tracked ammo, I had a baseball cap in the corner of the room where players would pitch poker cards into as their PC shot arrows. Cards that made it into the cap were recoverable as long as the player got up after the fight to get them. It was a bit of fun for me, but some of the players became a bit fed-up with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads