• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand: Debut and Exclusive Content (Assassin Class)

catsclaw227

First Post
I would consider Michael from Burn Notice an assassin, and though spy might be better we don't have a spy yet. :)

He knows lots of ways to kill things, set up traps, bluff and charm and work his way into a mark's environment, then take him out.

Maybe "taking someone out" can be what an assassin does, even if it doesn't include killing?

Oh, and I really dig that DDI has this content exclusive. If someone want's to back out of DDI because of this, and I personally don't understand why, then that's their prerogative.

jonshaft

First Post
I think the assassin will be exclusive content because its name contains a naughty word 2 times in a row.
Think about it.

Rechan

Adventurer
Honestly, "Assassin" is just the name of the class. Any class can be an assassin (Kill for hire). Assassin is just the class name. I don't expect that every Assassin has to kill for hire. They'll just be Magic Rogues.

Sort of like how every Warlord isn't a lord of war, or the tyrant of an area. It's just an idea of what the class does.

I think the assassin will be exclusive content because its name contains a naughty word 2 times in a row.
Think about it.
You mean like bastard sword? :)

I won't be able to create an official Aasimar Assassin!!!

No, but you could create a warforged warlock/warlord.

And if they ever come out with a way to add epic destinies to NPCs, then with the use of the right templates and monsters, you can have a duergar demagogue demigod of Demogorgon. :cool:

Dire Bare

Legend
No, but you could create a warforged warlock/warlord.

And if they ever come out with a way to add epic destinies to NPCs, then with the use of the right templates and monsters, you can have a duergar demagogue demigod of Demogorgon. :cool:

Sorry Ari, it's not so much the alliteration that excites me, but the triple ass in there. I'd have to have my character dual wield two bastard swords as well, I suppose. In some ways, I never left junior high . . .

lutecius

Explorer
Honestly, "Assassin" is just the name of the class. Any class can be an assassin (Kill for hire). Assassin is just the class name. I don't expect that every Assassin has to kill for hire. They'll just be Magic Rogues.

Sort of like how every Warlord isn't a lord of war, or the tyrant of an area. It's just an idea of what the class does.
Yep, "warlord" was a roaring success. Everyone loves misleading class names :angel:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads