• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E An AI walks into a bar, and instead of ending humanity, creates new D&D spells

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I love this! I legit wanna figure out mechanics to go with some of these:

Moss Healing Word
Hold Mouse*
Barking Sphere*
Heat on Farm
True Steake
Finger of Enftebtemang*
Fomend’s Beating Sphere*
Purping Lightsin****
Farming
Wrathful Hound
Q’s Invisibility*
Cow of Auraly*
Mind Blark
Stone Share
Puijune Magic Furs***
Grove of Plants
Conjure Velemert
Vicious Markers
End Wall*
Mous of Farts
Cursing
Gland Growth

* = Indicates level of excitement I have at figuring out what these spells would look like.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
I feel like it would either be like a flaming sphere, except made of muscular arms that just go to work on whoever or whatever is around, or like a resilient sphere but the inside is a massive egg beater that destroys whoever is caught within.

They keep teaching computers to play games. Checkers. Chess. Jeopardy. Go. Then pitting it against the best human players.

Honestly, the highest bar for an AI to clear probably would be D&D.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
Thoughts regarding what these spells might look like:

Hold Mouse - The spell conjures a giant mouse that swallows the target. Spell requires concentration, and for the duration the target is considered restrained and can be transported up to 60ft as a bonus action. The mouse can be targeted and take damage, but cannot attack. It also has a climb speed. If the mouse is destroyed, the target is freed. While in the mouse, the target is protected from damage and has no line of sight outside the mouse, and those outside the mouse do not have line of sight on the target. The mouse will also except up to two riders designated by the caster. I figure this is a good spell for transporting prisoners.

Barking Sphere- The target is surrounding by a sphere that follows them. No sound within the sphere escapes. The target within the sphere is deafened by a continuous barrage of savage barks, resulting in deafness and sonic damage each round the target remains trapped within the sphere.

Finger of Enftebtemang - Pointing at the target causes their mouth and fingers to melt and droop like a Salvador Dolly painting. For the duration they cannot speak, hold objects in their hands, or cast spells with somatic or verbal components. Enftebtemang is the onomatopoeia for the sound someone makes while effected by the spell.

Q’s Invisibility - If you are attacked by an invisible attacker you can use your reaction to become invisible, swap positions with your attacker, and cause the attacker to glow with a pink light that reveals their location.

More to come later...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Gland Growth would be a buff for Dragonborn breath weapons.

I remember some older spells that allowed casters to alter the sensory outputs of various spells. One of my favorite tricks was to send a burst of barking neon/glowstick-colored magic missiles at enemies.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
Finger of Enftebtemang - Pointing at the target causes their mouth and fingers to melt and droop like a Salvador Dolly painting. For the duration they cannot speak, hold objects in their hands, or cast spells with somatic or verbal components. Enftebtemang is the onomatopoeia for the sound someone makes while effected by the spell.

This is going to cause me some nightmares tonight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads