• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An ancient civilization making a comeback... which race?

SoulsFury

Explorer
I'm starting a new campaign set on a "new world" except for the fact the world isn't that new. Its houndreds of thousands years old but never had very many intelligent beings. Even dragons are newly finding this world. The world once was completely ruled by a single race that caught a terrible plague. I need help deciding on the race. I'd prefer a race that easily can be any alignment and can add good and evil elements to the campaign when the beings new to the world encounter them. There is one last hold out of the race from the great plague and they are finally coming out of the Underdark after the last time they saw daylight, 500 years ago. The race cannot be Elves, dwarves, humans, gnomes, halflings, orcs, or any goblinoid. Any ideas?

darthkilmor

First Post
Titans/Giants. All the artifacts get to be Huge.
Mind Flayers(They only enslave and feed on the more dangerous subterranian humanoid races, thus not having to be evil, while some believe they should enslave all races).
Lumi(Strange ancient statues where the head magically floats above the body would be neat).
Ogre's + Ogre magi + elemental Orge Magi things in MMV.

Remove ads